cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Softdent Time Card v19

Jump to solution

If an employee wanted to input a message (note) in relation to their time, is there an area to do this? An example would be if an employee clocked out 20 minutes prior to the time they actually stopped working but they need to let me know so that I can adjust their time. Our original time clock software allowed for notes and employee emails, but I don't see this ability in Softdent.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
First Molar I

Re: Softdent Time Card v19

Jump to solution

A.)  SD should automatically create a memo for you via a MEMO to ALL: 

The memo will appear like this: 

TO: ALL from:  Employee name that missed punch:  Missing Clock out time 

The memo list is located under LIST> Memos or by hitting CNTRL M.  

Also, you can set preferences in Practice Central to summarize all daily memos there.  Set PC options by selecting VIEW> Practice Central> MY preferences ( upper Left-hand corner)     Practice Central Preferences can also be set under Rights by User

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@tsalcido @lindamoseley any suggestions for this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
First Molar I

Jump to solution

A.)  SD should automatically create a memo for you via a MEMO to ALL: 

The memo will appear like this: 

TO: ALL from:  Employee name that missed punch:  Missing Clock out time 

The memo list is located under LIST> Memos or by hitting CNTRL M.  

Also, you can set preferences in Practice Central to summarize all daily memos there.  Set PC options by selecting VIEW> Practice Central> MY preferences ( upper Left-hand corner)     Practice Central Preferences can also be set under Rights by User

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Jump to solution

Thanks, @mdunham for your help. I was looking for something a bit more private for the employees than a MEMO to ALL. The memo to all works for a missed clock out notice but not for more private time clock messages, like "Hi Dr., I had an emergency at home, forgot to clock out, sorry" or "Hi, can you change my lunch clock out time to 12:40, I took an early lunch and forgot to clock out". Although staff should be better at clocking in and out, I get these types of incidents all the time. I find that the personnel time clock record should remain the business of the employee and the employer, not the full office staff so I was just wondering if there was another option, other than memos that everyone can see or the old school way of having the employee write a private sticky note for the employer, lol. Our previous time clock, PowerClock, had the abilities of notes and emails, therefore I was just curious. I also have my Practice Central preferences set up for daily memos. Thanks again and have a fabulously blessed day!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

The simple answer is no.  There is not a place to enter a note about a "clock in" or "time card entry"

There was a suggestion below to use the Memo feature.  This is a good suggestion.  You can also have the employee send an email to the doctor or office manager with the specific request, this way you can save this request in their employee file if necessary.

Wendy