cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drcavola
Premolar III

Softdent Utility

@tshaw @bccarestreamrep @Anon 

I'm curious now .... why would the Carestream development team create a utility (a few years back no less) that gives the user more options and more flexibility (see previous question regarding updating Softdent fees) in making sure pending appointment fees are updated, appointments scheduled from treatment plans are updated, etc., yet not have that utility available for users?  Or better yet ... incorporate those functions into the very limited and very "buggy" current fee update function within the Softdent program? 

Isn't that the very essence of a product enhancement?  Wouldn't you help minimize Support calls for that issue by having that functionality available to all users by incorporating the utility? Why not share with everyone?

Please note:  this enhancement should be regardless of  on-premise or cloud.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Softdent Utility

I'm going to add @Nina-Gilbert to this conversation but will also send this to the development team to see if we can get this answered for you. 

bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I know that from a support perspective, standalone utilities (run outside of CS SoftDent or SDUtils) are made by development for various reasons. They're made in order to correct data-related problems, allow support to perform special tasks (like image moves), and to occasionally provide additional features to an existing utility that the original one does not have or allow (like the update fee schedule util). 

@trankin might have more to add to this, and someone from development would likely be able to provide a more concrete answer.

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Yep - know all about the image move utility ... that was back in the day with Larry Greenspan, Bonnie Pugh, and Steve M (I believe rhymes with buccal decay) ... that one is definitely one that should be run by a qualified support, upper level, tech.  If we were to put these named utilities on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the most data critical, the image move utility is at least a 8.  In comparison, the fee change utility is somewhere under 5, and not only can be run by the user, it should be incorporated into the Softdent program - for obvious reasons as stated before.

0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I would say your score of 8 for the Image Move utilities is a fair score. Your score of the Update Fee Schedule utility is also fair, so I do see where you're coming from.

Development would be the department to get involved if the additional options in that standalone utility were to ever become available inside the built-in Update Fee Schedule utility. 

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Any updates yet??
0 Kudos
bccarestreamrep
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@tshaw are there any developers or designers that would be able to get a status update to @drcavola regarding this?

0 Kudos
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning @drcavola , 

I have sent this to our development team, once it is reviewed we will update the post. 

0 Kudos
trankin
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I've placed a Change request in that the enhanced features of the Update Fee Schedule stand alone utility be rolled back into the main Update Fee Schule Utility. This should be added in in a future release. When I have more information on when exactly this will be put back in, I'll reach out to you Dr.

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

I won't hold my breadth.
0 Kudos