cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmerhar
Premolar I

Re: Time Cards

We use Softdent time card and I really like it too.

cme4dk2
Canine II

I use the Time Card feature and have for years, but, like most of Softdent, it can be improved.  First, I like it because it is not an added cost feature.  I used to use a program called TimeKeeper that had more features and was easier to use - but at an added cost.  With TimeKeeper, adding vacation and sick leave was much easier than in Softdent.  Group entries were possible, cutting the time for those entries.  In comparison, I would have to rate the Softdent time card as "OK".

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

I guess it will be better than OK for us as we still use the old fashioned time cards.  Since I can take Softdent on the road, I was looking for an electronic way to record such and something that has flexibility.  I like the fact that it's no cost since its included in the program, as I looked into a company and I am not sure I want to pay as much as they want for a basic electronic time card.  

Question....I went in and added other things, like holiday, personal time, CEU, etc.  I started playing with it and all I see is check in, check out for lunch, etc.  So how do you add personal time or CEU for the time card??  

Thanks for any feed back!!

d.canalessoftdentgirltshaw

mdunham
Premolar III

There should be a drop doen

box when you open up an employees time card imehi h you can update what the hours were for 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Kay It works Great 

But... I would like to run a report, showing the following (By employee and group)

Vacation Summary

Holiday Summary 

Sick Time Summary 

PTO Summary

pksaari79
First Molar I

I guess when I check in I am not seeing the drop down to select what you want to mark.  And how do I run the report.....or where do I find the info you are showing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

We have been using the time cards within Softdent. For the most part, it works well. There is need for tweaking in future updates and I believe this has been addressed previously.  You put in your preferences for day of week to start but when you go to run time cards, you always have to put in the dates.  It does not go to the day you selected as preferences or has no memory of the last time it was run.

Question - I put in an employee's holiday from 8 - 4.  They had an emergency and she was able to override the holiday and put in her time at the office, so she was not short changed and it did allow her to have both without upsetting her clock in or clock out.  We have staff meetings and if I put that in prior to the time, it won't let them clock in (staff meeting from 12 - 2).  SO.....will the time card feature override IF a time is already there (as in the holiday time) BUT not if the time is later than the clock in time.  I can't find an answer to this in the Softdent Help.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

When you add time for meetings you need to manually edit it, try to have them clock in first and let me know if works.

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

For today, we have a staff meeting.  I wanted to add that to today's time card.  We learned we cannot do that prior to their log in and, today, I learned you cannot add it after they log in.  It tells me the employee is not clocked out so I cannot add her staff meeting time.  I would like to see the time card have more flexibility....that you can put in times of the day, during the day, since I am the administrator.  I wouldn't want that accessibility to employees.  It would make my life easier as now I have to wait until the end of the day and she is clocked out, to add time to her time card.  It did work on a holiday...that I put that in and she was able to clock in and get regular time for an emergency and override that holiday time.  Maybe because that was added previously and is not a regular working time?  I don't know.  We have tried adding the staff meeting prior to clock in and that won't let her clock in. The timing of adding things is frustrating.  However, it is nice that if they are taking a week off, it will let you add PTO time for the week at one setting.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Great suggestion!  I will forward to Tyson.

Thanks Kay