cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Tip: Unsubmitted Claims Report can make sure no money is left behind

In Softdent, the Unsubmitted Claims report generates a list of insurable transactions that have not been submitted to an insurance company for payment.  I recommend running the report weekly to ensure no transactions go unsubmitted.  

To run Unsubmitted Claims Report:

1.    Select Reports > Practice Management > Insurance Reports > Unsubmitted Claims. 

2.    Select the desired output option and click OK.

3.    On the Setup Window select the starting and ending dates from the drop-down lists.

4.    Be sure to uncheck the "Include Treatment Plan Transactions" box.  

5.    Click OK.

Once report runs, go and submit each transaction OR for transactions that should not have been sent, uncheck the "Insurable" box for each so they no longer shows as unsubmitted.  

3 Replies
Highlighted
doctom4300
Premolar III

Re: Tip: Unsubmitted Claims Report can make sure no money is left behind

Maybe a future release could have the "include treatment plan transactions" box unchecked as the default. Smiley Happy
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@tyson_edwards - I agree with this user, a quick and easy enhancement for a future release would be to have the "include treatment plans" box unchecked when running the Unsubmitted Claims Report. 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@tyson_edwards - to take this ENH request one step further: one of our classic softwares remembers the users selections from the last time they ran each report - so if this time I unchecked to include treatment plans, next time the system would remember and the option would be unchecked by default.  This would be a nice idea for SoftDent reporting (another example would be the system remembering if I wanted to show individual name/account details when I run an AR Report).  

0 Kudos