cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drcavola
Premolar III

Re: [Updated] Calling all SoftDent Customers - Recruiting for v17 Beta Test

Hey - New Year Update ........

How is the beta going?  Ready to go beta with the Scheduler version?  How much longer??

Thanks,

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

The beta is going great. The record locking (or lack thereof!) is working beautifully. As expected there have been issues (unable to complete root canals on 2 of wisdom teeth, error messages opening Clinical when a Team Talk message is present). The beta testers are providing great feedback and our team is correcting the issues as we find them. 

The second beta release is on the verge of release. Once that's out the Scheduler beta will be coded, tested, and installed for beta offices. I'll reach out to you next week with a beta agreement if you're still interested.

Thanks!

mccalley
Canine II

We use version V116.2.5. Is that the scheduler Softdent?

We are interested in Beta testing.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dr. McCalley,

V116.x is the Scheduler version. We're about to start working on that. I'd be happy to reach out to you when we get closer to a beta release for it.

0 Kudos
mccalley
Canine II

We switched to the Scheduler version so we would have more access to

charting from the scheduler until the version 17 came out.

Can we still test the v17?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

You will, though the version you need (v117) isn't available yet. Work is going to start on it imminently. 

bayarea
Canine III

Any proposed date to release v17 to the remaining SoftDent clients?

jesslingle
Canine III

Jeremy,

We are still definitely interested.  We have never beta tested before. Has there ever been an issue with a practice not being able to work due to a glitch? And there are no new hardware requirements, correct? Finally, is there any online training video for the new features or is it just a use and figure it out during beta testing? Thanks!

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I've not heard of an issue with a beta release that led to an office being completely down. The worst thing we've had with this beta was the software crashing when a root canal was done on a wisdom tooth. In that case we had an update to the affected customer immediately. 

As for training materials, those are on the way. The primary workflow change (ability for multiple users to access account records simultaneously) is "baked in" to the software; there's nothing you need to do. When offices have the beta build installed we review the new Overview page with them, similar to training. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

dr.cavola‌,

Wanted to give you an update on the Scheduler version of 17.

My "finger in the wind" estimate for a Scheduler beta is mid to late February. It's further out than I initially anticipated and I wish it were sooner. We are conducting large team, repeated testing to ensure the record lock changes works as expected. When an issue is found those tests must be repeated until all the issues are addressed. The good news is the testing is paying off as we've had zero issues related to changing record locking. The bad news is it's taking longer to release. 

When the day for the Scheduler beta arrives our team is confident it will be a solid release. I'll keep you posted. 

0 Kudos