cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kat710
Canine III

Updating an allowance table - automate resetting bluebook

Jump to solution

When we receive a new fee schedule from an insurance company and change the fees, is there anything else that needs to be updated?  I think someone mentioned that all the bluebooks for all the plans with that allowance table need to be reset.  Is that true?  

If that is true it would be great to have the system go through all the plans the allowance table is attached to and reset the bluebooks and recognize the new fees.

At the very least, a way to identify all the plans that have the allowance table attached would be helpful so that none are missed when we have to manually reset all of them.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
johnbcarpenter
Canine II

Re: Updating an allowance table - automate resetting bluebook

Jump to solution

Leslie,

I believe you need to run the following utility:

Under System

Fee Maintenance

Update Bluebook Fees

This should take the updated Allowance Table changes to all the Bluebooks that apply.

Kelly

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

kat710‌ here are a few items in the community that may help you. 

SoftDent: Updating Bluebook Allowance Table Fees 

SoftDent: Associating an Allowance Table with an Insurance Plan 

Also one mentions, that after you create an allowance table, you can attach it to an insurance plan. All bluebook entries created for the insurance plan are updated when the allowance table is updated.

After an insurance plan is associated with an allowance table, you can no longer update the entries information from the Bluebook entries for window. These entries must be updated from the allowance table.

Anything to else to add here dmccrory‌ or chriscornett‌?

Also, that last that I could find there wasn't a way to print a list of plans with allowance tables, if that is still the case it may be a good suggestion for our Product Line Manager jeffrey.urkevich‌. 

0 Kudos
dmccrory
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Tiffiany,

You and Kelly both gave what I think are the best answers!

kat710
Canine III

Jump to solution

Tiffany- 

When I update an existing allowance table do the changes take affect with all the plans they are already associated with?  Do the bluebooks associated with those insurance plans with that allowance table need to be reset?  And, if they need to be reset, does that mean I have to go into each plan wipe out the allowance table and put it back in?  The fees maintenance, update bluebook fees does not seem to do that unless I am doing something wrong.  It says "reset all existing bluebook entries with their current fee 0 amount". 

0 Kudos