cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karen
Premolar I

Walk out statement Estimated Payment

When we add a cash payment discount to future appointments and print the patient's walk out statement, softdent adds the discount to the next appointment rather than taking it off. Is there a way to change that so it estimates the amount correctly? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Walk out statement Estimated Payment

Karen, 

To clarify, you are adding a cash discount to the future appointment card, so the patient's estimated portion will include the discount when listing the next appointment at the bottom of the walkout receipt, correct?  Assuming the answer is yes, I tested on my system and it works correctly - the patient share was discounted by the cash discount and showed on the receipt.  

A couple of thoughts come to mind:

1) What number is your cash discount code?  It should be in the 50s in order to make it apply correctly.  

2) What version of SD are you using?  I am using 16.2.4 so it's one of the newest, it's possible something could have changed.  

If neither of those questions give us the answer, maybe we need to have a support representative take a look.  (Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree completely and this isn't what you are asking.)  Let me know. 

Hope this helps, 

Danelle 

0 Kudos
cherring227
Canine III

This is a great question, if you and I are thinking of the same thing, the amount for the patient to pay is next to the upcoming appointment on their walk out statement. For us it is never correct and would love to either make it so it's correct or take it off completely

karen
Premolar I

That is correct Danelle,

Our discount codes are in the 50's. The specific code we use is 51.20 for cash payment discount at time of service. We are using version 16.2.4 of softdent. 

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Is it possible to remove the estimate from walk-out statements?