cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood
Canine II

ePrescriptions Adding Magic Mouthwash

Does anyone know how to add Magic Mouthwash to eprescriptions? I didn't see anything like what we use listed. Can I add the information in the fields and just send it? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
danelle_canales
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: ePrescriptions Adding Magic Mouthwash

Dentists have noted that they issue prescriptions for a “Magic Mouthwash,” for which they sometimes struggle to find an option in the ePrescriptions module.  Change Healthcare suggests providers expand their search, and after selecting one of the options make sure the DAW button is UNCHECKED so that a generic can be given if one exists. If a provider cannot find a suitable option on the list, then the provider will need to dispense the prescription outside of the ePrescriptions system, as it is only compatible with known drug or drug compounds.

Here is the list my search for "mouthwash" rendered this morning: 

danelle_canales_0-1613143975926.png

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Re: ePrescriptions Adding Magic Mouthwash

Our experience initially when testing eprescriptions is that there are no less that about 1000 different options for "magic mouthwash" ... seems that each pharmacist has their own compounded formula ...

WISH it was much easier, but good thing in GA eprescriptions is not mandatory ... as of yet.

0 Kudos