cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

emailing panos

We are using SoftDent 14.2.8.

In order to email a pano, I first have to open the imaging software, open the pano and leave it open. If I don't open the pano in the imaging software first, the pano won't show up in the list of xrays when trying to attach them to an email.

What do I need to do so that I can just email the pano without first starting up the imaging software and opening up the pano?

Thanks!

-Brenda

0 Kudos
11 Replies
chriscornett
Premolar II

Re: emailing panos

Images within SoftDent software are only thumbnails and therefore you would not want to email that image as it would not be viewable as needed. Panos would need to be emailed from the imaging program in order to send the full image so that it is viewable.

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

I've emailed panos from the software before, and it sends full sized JPG files.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

What imaging software are you using?

if it is Carestream Imaging, you can right click on the pan, click send to, email recipient, select the Type of Image (example .jpg)

the click OK

Keep in mind you must use Microsoft Outlook for these steps to work  

0 Kudos
shanab
Premolar I

There are multiple ways to do this from every area in the software,  but I am going with emailing from the patient list and that you are using Carestream Imaging and it is integrated into SoftDent and that you are using Outlook.

Highlight the patient name in the patient list and select the email icon 

The email window opens and you can select the recipient, type the body of the email, and select the images or documents to add from the images and documents tree on the left side.  I only attached a PAN, but if you scroll down, different image types and documents in the document center are available if the patient has them.  Perio charting, treatment plans, and charts/exams are also available.  Select the checkbox to convert the image to a jpg format or keep that unchecked but check the "attach image viewer" option so that the recipient can view the image in Carestream format.  I find it easier to select the option to convert to a jpg. 

If you are NOT using Outlook, you need to export the image either from SD or Dental Imaging and then attach it to your email.  

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

We are using the Carestream Imaging, and we use Outlook.

That will work if all I want to send is the pano. If I want to send multiple images, I could send multiple emails.

But why doesn't the pano show up in the list when I use the e-mail button within SoftDent?

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Shana - that screen you show is how I'm trying to e-mail, but the panos don't show up in that list unless I have the imaging software open with the pano open within the software.

0 Kudos
shanab
Premolar I

Are you sending a PAN taken with a Carestream machine or was it a PAN that was imported into imaging from another provider?  IF it was imported from someone else, look in the tree under secondary capture (intra oral, extraoral. or not classified- depending on how it was saved in the imaging software) and it should be there without having to open imaging. 

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

The pano was taken with Carestream machine.

0 Kudos
shanab
Premolar I

Hi Brenda,

I'm stumped.  I'm not sure if it is a pathway that needs checked or what may be causing that.  Imaging support would be the first place to start.  Their number is 877-624-6243

If you have to open imaging to email the PAN, you may as well email it from there and save a few steps, but you shouldn't have to do that when emailing from SoftDent.  

I am going to keep trying to recreate your scenario on my system in the meantime.  

0 Kudos