cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canine II

eprescriptions problem

There needs to be a way that we can Delete a prescription from the Patients Prescription History that we Canceled within the eprescriptions module.   We had to change a prescription that we sent after speaking to the Pharmacist and so we cancelled the first one in the module and Sent another in the module.  But now it shows both prescriptions in their Prescription History which is incorrect.  Prior to using eprescriptions we could modify this screen but now it is locked.  There needs to be an override installed so that corrections can be made if needed.  Otherwise the patients records are INCORRECT. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: eprescriptions problem

Good morning @DarDoss

While a prescription can be marked as VOID in the ePrescriptions module, for tracking purposes the original prescription is not deleted from the patient's Prescription History.  You are correct that this is specific to the ePrescriptions module and that when you are simply printing prescriptions there is the option to delete from the history. 

The reason for this feature is so that prescriptions sent are always visible to the doctor (no chance of hidden fraudulent prescriptions in his name).  We currently recommend making a Clinical Note entry to explain that the first prescription was sent then voided for X reason (and in your case, then the second prescription was sent,) however we do understand your concern that the Prescription History appears incorrect at a glance.  If you'd like, we can put in a formal request for enhancement (maybe marking the voided prescriptions in red or striking through them?).  Please let us know your recommendations on the subject.  

I hope this helps answer your question.  Thank you for participating in our Exchange Community!

0 Kudos
Canine II

Yes, I would like to submit a request for some way to mark the correction within softdent.    Clinical notes is an option but it is not in the same area.  Something needs to be in the Prescription history to reflect the Cancelled eprescription.  I think a Void option would suffice.  It could still show the original prescriptions. but indicate that it was voided or cancelled.  I'm sure we aren't the only office that would benefit from this option.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@lontaylor , @jeremy_dempsey , @Nina-Gilbert 
Not sure which of you needs to see this, but this is a formal client request to enhance the eRx module to visibly indicate which prescriptions have been voided (see thread above).  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Feel free to forward accordingly.  Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Canine II

I am having the same issue and since the prescription history is part of the patient legal record--there must be a way to show that the prescription was voided within the prescription history file in the patient's clinical record. As the other person stated--making a clinical note will not suffice as that is in a different part of the patient's record. I am also making a formal request for this to be addressed and corrected. Thank you!

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dr. Robinson, thank you for this additional feedback, it is very much appreciated.  I will make sure it is passed on to the right folks.  

0 Kudos