cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wright
Canine II

posting payments

i have always been told that you should not post payments in the account screen, but a newer employee with previous softdent experience says it doesn't matter and she has always done it with not issue. Any advice or is there a reason you should not do it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
uniondental
Premolar I

Re: posting payments

As long as she is using the Y screen then the end result would be correct.  If she is ADDING a payment thru the account transactions, where an error message would pop up, then that is incorrect. She would end up with payments posting to ID 0 which would be at the account level where only billing and finance type charges are added. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
pksaari79
First Molar I

You NEVER post payments to the account.....always post to the patient. It does matter.
0 Kudos
uniondental
Premolar I

If you use the Y screen and happen to be in the account it posts correctly.  It does the same thing from either place the important part is USING the Y SCREEN as stated.

Wright
Canine II

What is the Y screen??
0 Kudos
uniondental
Premolar I

The Y screen is just the Payment screen. If you are in the Patient Transaction the 'Payment" screen on the left and you can just press the Y to open it up.

If you are in the Account information screen the payment option is on the left and you can also just press the Y.

Here is Softdent's tutorial------

Posting Personal Paymets

When your office receives a single cash, credit card, or check payment toward the balances of all patients in an account, you can post the payment directly to the account from the patient or account record. You can distribute the payment to each patient with an outstanding balance, based on the age of the transaction or by percentage of outstanding balance.

To post a personal payment to an account:

1. Select an option:

• In the Account List window:Select the account and select Payments.

• In the Account window:Select Payments.

• In the Patient List window:Select the patient and select Transactions. The patient Transactions window is displayed. Select Payments.

• In the Patient window:Select Transactions. The patient Transactions window is displayed. Select Payments.

The Payments window is displayed.

1. Select Personal in the Select Operation section. The Payments - Personal Payment window is displayed.

2. Select an option:

3. To post a check payment:Type the check amount, check number, and bank number and verify the check date.

4. To post a cash payment:Select the code from the Code drop-down list, type the cash payment amount, and verify the date.

5. To post a credit card payment:Select the code from the Code drop-down list. Swipe the card.

1. Select an option:

2. To distribute the payment amount to transactions by the transaction creation date:Click By Age. The oldest transaction is paid off first.

3. To distribute the payment amount evenly to all transactions:Click Evenly.

1. Select an option to edit amount or percentage payment distributions:

2. To edit the amount of a specific transaction and to display the Amount column for each transaction:Click Amount. Select the amount and type the correct distribution amount.

3. To edit the percentage for a specific transaction and to display the % column for each transaction:Click Percentage. Select the percentage and type the correct distribution percentage.

1. To add a note to a transaction, select the Notes column for the transaction and type the information.

2. Click Post.

3. Click Close.

0 Kudos