cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
josephbenderson
Canine II

production/collection by insurance company

There is currently no production/collection report by insurance company.   I tried in renegotiate my insurances with a company called Unlock the PPO.  They said they would need to have a production/insurance report by company however they said because I have Softdent there is no report for this which I verified myself as well as with Softdent when I called.  For example, I take Metlife (among many other insurances).  I need to know what my production as well as my collection is for this insurance company so that I can know what percentage of revenue they represent for my office.  There are probably 100 different Plan ID's associated with MetLife - it appears the only way you can run these reports is by putting in MetLife and then entering each of these ID's at a time.  The ID's are based on where that particular person works I believe.  What I need is one report for ALL of metlife, just like all the other dental software's such as Dentrix and Eaglesoft provide.  I am thinking of switching to another software because it's been so frustruting.  My colleagues have echoed this sentiment.  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: production/collection by insurance company

@softdentgirl - Do have any suggestions that could help them report on production/collection by insurance company?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good Morning 

The only work around is to add a use code to each patient, but it does get tricky, if you participate with many carriers because you are limited to how many user codes you can create. You will also need to keep a list of the User Codes you have created. 

Example D=Delta

Example U=United Concordia Companies

Tricky Example S = MetLife because M is a reserved code for messages

Tricky Example G = Cigna because C is a reserved code for collections

Then you can generate the  Production By ADA Code Report and include or exclude a User Code.

Steps: 

Reports 

Practice Management

Production

By ADA Code

Excel

Enter your desired date range 

Codes 120-9999

Only include Patients with User Code D (Delta)

click ok 

The best way to assign the user code is.

Click List

Click Insurance Company

Type Delta 

Press Tab

Press P to show insured patients 

Press tab 

Highlight first patient 

Press P to go to the patient information window

edit

Add the User Code D

Click ok 

close 

click the next patient and repeat the steps.

Wendy

josephbenderson
Canine II

thank you for your response - question - what is the user code limit?  

Also, why is softdent the only program that doesn't have a report of this kind?  Can't this report be added or is it impossible given how softdent currently operates?  It's really a crucial report.  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I have sent your request to development. Smiley Happy

josephbenderson
Canine II

thank you so much. So I did what you told me to try but it only came back with production totals, not collections which is really what I am looking for as well.
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello,

So you have placed a User Code "D" for all patients with Delta Dental? If so, try the following report again.

Steps: 

Reports 

Practice Management

Production

By ADA Code

Excel

Enter your desired date range 

Codes 120-9999

Only include Patients with User Code D (Delta)

click ok 

0 Kudos
josephbenderson
Canine II

yes - we did this with the user codes as you mentioned. 

I will try it again with what you said below but I don't think it will give us collection numbers.  

0 Kudos