cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edenfamilydenta
Canine II

removing insurance estimates

When printing our treatment plans for the patients to review, I would like it just to show our office amount, NOT insurance estimate.  How do I do that?

We are out of network with many plans and don't have access to their fee schedules.  The insurance estimate is often very wrong and confuses the patient when they have to pay more.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
drcavola
First Molar I

Re: removing insurance estimates

I believe there are two ways to accomplish this task.  Option 1 would be to highlight the tx plan item(s), and click the "restimate insurance" to see what happens.  If not the results you want, then option 2 would be to edit each tx plan item, look at the insurance estimate field, and change to $0.00, then that should work.

0 Kudos
tsalcido
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

To Remove insurance estimates:

1. Go to system>Change System Settings> Insurance

tsalcido_0-1639584145252.png

2. Uncheck Enable Insurance estimation

tsalcido_1-1639584168227.png

Example of a treatment plan with no insurnace estimation:

tsalcido_2-1639584246614.png

This will also turn off estimation on the transaction screen

tsalcido_3-1639584409535.png

drcavola
First Molar I

@tsalcido  - your solution means that system wide - ALL insurance estimation would be off.

I believe the OP was asking about tx plans.

0 Kudos
tsalcido
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

That is correct it is system wide.

The options when printing the treatment plan is to uncheck the second check box. It will give a total rather then line by line breakdown. 

tsalcido_0-1639585926171.png

tsalcido_1-1639586028057.png

0 Kudos
mdunham
First Molar I

Doing, this does not solve her problem. Your suggestion would equate a Treatment plan with printed Totals which were derived with insurance estimation. She wants to eliminate insurance estimation on their treatment plans.
0 Kudos
mdunham
First Molar I

Have you thought of changing your ICM to Zero? Here are some details: Perphaps it may be good to change the ICM of a few particular accounts to see how this change would effect you over all prior to changing all accounts. https://help.carestreamdental.com/rh/web/server/SoftDent/projects_responsive/OH_DE1010/index.htm?&ty...
0 Kudos
tsalcido
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Sure. We are looking at all possible solutions. 

0 Kudos