cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdunham
Premolar III

16.2.8 update notes

Would anyone have the new 16.2.8 update notes or Whats new publication for 16.2.8.   I DO NOT need the whats new 16.2 video .   Thanks,

21 Replies
drcavola
Premolar III

Re: 16.2.8 update notes

Didn't know version 16.2.8 was available?

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for asking.  V16.2.8 is a minor release to fix a couple important defects.  Specifically, these were a message reading "Duplicate Social Security Number Detected", a defect that changed the SSN to hyphens under certain conditions, and an incorrect balance mismatch message.

DE28873 The appearance of the "Duplicate Social Security Number Detected" warning is inconsistent.
DE30560 Adding a patient TeamTalk note causes one or more digits of the patient's Social Security
Number to be replaced by hyphens
DE31582 Patient and Account Transactions Appear to Have a Balance Mismatch Even Though There is No
Actual Balance Mismatch

If you are experiencing any of these issues, please contact support to get on version 16.2.8.  

Thank you,

Jeff

drcavola
Premolar III

I'm finding out that DE31582, Balance Mismatch fix, is really not a fix, but a utility to run outside of Softdent.  In addition, there is no utility for the most recent version of SD Scheduler.

Our office, in particular, is looking for a FIX from Softdent.  This means PREVENT Balance Mismatches from happening in the first place, NOT fix them AFTER they happen.

This is NOT the fix that appears to be sold by development.

mdunham
Premolar III

I do not remember a time when we could prevent balance mismatches.   They rarely happen, and the utility always clears them up nicely.

drcavola
Premolar III

Melissa,  Your experience was the same as ours until just very recently.  We'd go a month, two, or more without any balance mismatches.  Our end of month account balances statement shows them, or lack thereof.  However, relatively recently we've seen Softdent create them "real time".  How?  We attempt to run a credit card payment for which the patient had previously given us the number (a recurrent type charge) and it was declined.  Softdent creates the balance mismatch by still computing the payment had been processed ... until you fix it.

I am working with one of the best Technical Support Analyst around - he's been able to duplicate many, many instances where Softdent creates those balance mismatches.  We've tried all sorts of ideas testing - thinking it was on our (the user) side.  It's not - it's Softdent.

We should expect Softdent to to be absolutely precise when it comes to accounting, and therefore not have to involve any person on the dental team to remedy balance mismatch errors that Softdent has created.

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

Thank you Ron!  We will report to Softdent if we see this occur. I really appreciate you replying back to me describing the issue you have discovered and your effort to uncover why the error is happening.  Thank you!  Keep us posted and we will keep an eye out. 

richf
Canine III

Hi:

Jeff, I just installed 16.2.8 0n 7/28/2017 - today I'm still getting "Duplicate Social Security Number Detected", -  Not happy   :-(     Thanks.

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi richf‌,

The fix is going forward, so SSN's that were deleted in the past will still be empty and therefore will throw the duplicate message.  We don't have a way of knowing what the numbers were before they were deleted, so we can't put them back automatically.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

0 Kudos
richf
Canine III

Hi Jeff:

The thing is, when the message popped up today, there was a valid SSN in the patient's info screen?   It wasn't blank.  All 9 digits were there....

0 Kudos