cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinlund
Canine III

Ability to sign treatment plan with signature pad

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I would love for SoftDent to add a feature where a treatment plan can be electronically signed with the signature pad. If a patient is in the doctor's chair, and they come up with treatment, we have to print out the plan, bring it back with a clipboard, have them sign it, scan it in to the Documents, and shred the paper.

It would be great to be able to pull up the treatment plan on the screen, talk it over with the patient, and have them sign it right there.

Thanks,

Kevin Lund

Labels (1)
3 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: Ability to sign treatment plan with signature pad

I totally agree with this idea.  We have patients sign a treatment plan and then have to scan it.  It would be so much nicer to use the signature pad.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Kevin and Kay
Here is an idea to utilize the signature pad with treatment plan 
you can print treatment plan to a PDF file then use the signature pad to sign that PDF then import that PDF file to patient's document tree
i believe i read on topaz website that there is a software you can download to sign PDF files using their signature pad 

0 Kudos
kevinlund
Canine III

That is an idea. I did actually come up with a Letter Expert template that would allow the staff to select the treatment plan items, and then use the signature pad. However, there are some potential issues with using it, and just having it integrated in to SoftDent would make so much more sense.