cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurecka1
Canine III

Account Balance

I have an account with 3 patients under it. When I go each patients transaction list  2 patients have a zero balance and 1 has a credit of $26.60. When I go to the account there is a balance of $168.00.  How can this happen? How do I fix this?

Labels (2)
8 Replies
mdunham
Premolar III

Re: Account Balance

Was something ie, transaction with monies  possibly posted to the ACCOUNT screen instead of the patient screen?   If not perhaps try the Balance MisMatch Fix.   

When you run your AR report does this account show having a "Balance Mismatch?  

gurecka1
Canine III

The transactions are the same on both, and I equal on accounts receivable. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos

i would try to go through the account transaction looking for transactions posted under ID 0 might cause this imbalance 

gurecka1
Canine III

I do have a couple 0's however it is for printing a statement. Should I change the 0's to a 1 ( my ID)?

0 Kudos

it is only a problem if these Id 0 transactions has  charge or credit amount , ie if it is 0$ kind of transactions it is ok to leave them on ID0
if transaction on id 0 had any amount you need to 

Remove the posted item from the account, making a note of the code, the date posted, and the amount. 

Re-post the item to the patient with the same date of service, the same code, and the same amount.

gurecka1
Canine III

Thank you, the balance is now $0Smiley Happy

sure welcome  

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

With respect, throughout the existence of Softdent, the general consensus is/was to AVOID deleting at all costs.  Anytime a user deletes an item in Softdent, especially a transaction, there are a multitude of messages to make absolutely sure that is what you want to do.  I believe there is a better way ...

I'd like to propose a different solution, one that has ZERO risk.  Access the account payment screen, highlight the credit (it would be in the account), and then left Softdent "transfer credits" to the appropriate debit balances, and then post.

As an aside, there is such a thing as a "balance mismatch", and the fix, again easy - ZERO risk, is an option in the account screen.  Softdent is notorious for those pesky balance mismatches .... development is working on that issue ...  

0 Kudos