cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
office1950
Canine II

After running the missed appointment report went back to look at a passed day and patients were not showing in the appointment book do you know why this happened or how to put them back on schedule?

#After running missed patient report went back to review previous days schedule and patients were missing from the schedule do you why this happened and if the patients can be put back in the schedule?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vrodriguez
Canine III

Re: After running the missed appointment report went back to look at a passed day and patients were not showing in the appointment book do you know why this happened or how to put them back on schedule?

Good morning Marcia. 

To better answer that, we would need a little more information.

Are you ensuring that your appointments are checked out once the patient(s) has been seen? Reason being is because if they are not, Softdent will consider these appointments "missed" and will remove them from the scheduler as designed. 

0 Kudos
office1950
Canine II

Re: After running the missed appointment report went back to look at a passed day and patients were not showing in the appointment book do you know why this happened or how to put them back on schedule?

Yes the patients were checked out

0 Kudos
vrodriguez
Canine III

Thank you for that information.

If the patients were checked out prior to the missed appointments report being ran, then you should be able to see them on the scheduler if you scroll backward through the book. Depending on how many patients were on the scheduler, it may take a few minutes to see the patients appear. 

If you have not already done so, try closing out of Softdent and logging back in. That can jump start the process and have the server start to pull those files. 

If that does not work, try going into the tickler file. Sort the patients by "date filed" and scroll to the bottom. If you happen to see the patients from the particular day with a "missed appointment" in the reason column, then that means that someone may have ran the missed appointment report and also changed the date in the setup screen before the patients were checked out. (see example below)

If it determined that this is the case, you can reschedule these appointments directly from the tickler file.  

If this is not the case and/or you need additional assistance, go ahead and contact support at 866-435-7473 and one of our agents will be more than happy to assist you.

in addition to that i would check if "save appointment(s) to history when transaction is posted " is selected from system -> change system settings -> scheduler 

doctom4300
Premolar III

If I follow these steps, I do not see the previous day's appointment unless I restart SoftDent:

1) look at yesterday - it'll be empty

2) run missed appointments

3) look at yesterday - it's still empty. I have to restart SoftDent to get them to show up

But if I run missed appointments *before* I look at yesterday, it'll be filled in properly.

michetdentalep
Canine II

Often when we run our missed reports when we just go to the scheduler and minus to yesterday the appointments are gone.  To fix this choose FIND or I press "F" to open the calendar.  Go to a previous day before yesterday and hit enter, then plus back to yesterday's date.  They will be there then.  I believe this is a bug that has been going on for quite some time. 

0 Kudos