cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kat710
Canine III

Allowance Table Report

Is there a way to print all the Insurance plans that have a particular allowance table attached?  If we terminate a contract with an Insurance company I need a way to identify all the plans that have that allowance table.  The Insurance company name alone does not necessarily reflect the same name as the allowance table.  They can go through third party contracts and can be difficult to identify.  

13 Replies
vrodriguez
Canine III

Re: Allowance Table Report

Greetings Leslie. Unfortunately there is currently no report that can be generated within Softdent software to show plans with a specific allowance table.

Keep in mind that if there is an insurance company that you are no longer participating with, you can highlight that company via list>>ins co. Under options, you can choose "show ins plans". From there, you can go into the individual plans and disconnect the allowance table(s) if necessary.

kat710
Canine III

Hi Victor - I am aware of that feature, but with shared networks and third party networks, it can be difficult to locate all the plans associated with an allowance table because the insurance companies have different names.  

We post the write-off at time of service for PPO's to avoid any errors in production write-offs.  Being able to detach an allowance table from all associated plans can be very important for us.  It would be ideal if when we delete an allowance table, it would then be automatically deleted from all plans and the bluebooks reset.   Thanks for your help.

Leslie jeffrey.urkevichsoftdentgirl

vrodriguez
Canine III

Leslie,

By deleting an allowance table, it WILL detach from any ins plans associated with that allowance table and also remove all bluebook entries. The only thing that cannot be done is to run a report that shows which plans are associated with specific allowance tables. I hope this helps

kat710
Canine III

Victor- Yes, that helps!  Thank you.

0 Kudos
kat710
Canine III

Victor - If I update an existing allowance table, do I need to reset the bluebook?  Maybe I am thinking this is a problem and it isn't.  We post our write-offs for ppo's at time of service.  I do not update the bluebook for ppo's, so when it is created it is not getting changed.  I have on occasion  had incorrect write-offs after updating an allowance table and have been told to reset the bluebook.  I never thought the bluebook had anything to do with the write-offs, but I have since learned they are a factor.  Since the only  write off I ever want is the contracted amount from the allowance table, I do not update the bluebooks.  I am getting ready to update an allowance table with higher fees - do I need to do anything more than that to ensure the write-off amounts will be correct on all the insurance plans it is attached to after the update? Thank you!

0 Kudos
vrodriguez
Canine III

Leslie, 

Once you have updated any allowance tables, you shouldn't have to do anything else to the bluebook. For example if you updated an allowance table fee for a specific code(s) and went back to the bluebook, in the far left column, you should see a tag with a ($) denoting that there has been a change to the fee. This process is autonomous. The allowance table is the hierarchy so be sure to have your allowance tables as accurate as possible in order for Softdent to be able to give an accurate insurance estimation.

In regards to the write-off just note the following formula for PPO's below. 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Leslie

I can see where this would be helpful

Wendy

0 Kudos
johnbcarpenter
Canine II

Victor,

We are a large practice on the Faircoms client server version of Softdent.  In the past our bluebooks linked to specific allowance tables have gotten corrupt. The corruption is random, it will effect the bluebook by removing most of the ADA codes out of the bluebook. This is not something that happens often, I would say 1-2 times a year.  It is pretty difficult when it does occur because we may have hundreds of plan associated with that allowance table and the only way to fix it is to remove the allowance table number out of the plan clearing the bluebook and then putting the allowance table back in.  I have called support on many occasions regarding this issue and there is no other way to fix the problem then a manual removal and reinserting of the allowance table.

That being said, I have learned to name the insurance plans according to the allowance table name.  That way when the corruption occurs I can just go from plan to plan with the "+" inside the insurance plan to remove the allowance table and reinsert it.  For example all my Delta Dental plans (no matter what state) I call the plan Delta Dental PPO and it's associated with my Delta Dental Allowance table.

This ties into Leslie's issue, it keeps all the plans linked to that allowance table in a grouping closer together.

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

The Bluebooks are just as important as the allowance tables.   The allowance tables of course post your write-off, but the bluebook stores the payment.  As it is right now, I simply change the percentage field to reflect the closest dollar amount to the actual payment from plan.   Warning, if you change the payment field, it will change your allowable amount inside of the bluebook.    Because all plans have different payments (due to alternate provisions etc, or non-covered services) it is important to log this payment info within each plans bluebook.    I edit them after every payment or pre-d.