cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ambrunst983
Canine II

Allowance Table

What is an Allowance Table in Softdent? I never really had any formal training on the insurance portion of softdent and have not seen this before. 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Re: Allowance Table

Hi Autumn,

Thank you for joining the community!  Yes, SoftDent has allowance tables.  The best place to get started understanding how to setup and use these is in the Help area (Help -> SoftDent Help) on your main toolbar at the top of your screen.  

We have a large number of free new employee training sessions on our Carestream Dental Institute portal, I encourage you to take advantage of these...they're very helpful.  Here's the link, you will be prompted to create a login and password:  Carestream Dental Institute LearnCenter -Powered by Taleo Learn 

Please reach out if there's anything else we can do to help.

Jeff

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ambrunst983‌! You are able to link an allowance table to an insurance plan to create a bluebook automatically. 

As Jeff mentioned, there is some great information in the online help.

I also looked up your account with us, and you are on a support maintenance plan which gives you access to our Carestream Dental Institute. I will get you a log-in today, so be on the lookout for an email that will have log-in instructions! There is a lot of great training material in there regarding insurance(recordings, job aids, handouts, etc.) as well as new employee learning plans. 

If you don't receive the Carestream Dental Institute log-in instruction email today, or if you have any questions let me know! 

mdunham
Premolar III

Allowance tables are a list of the negotiated rates by PPO plans.   Also, if you are not in network with a plan, it is a wonderful tool to store the Allowable amounts by each plan, ie:  DElta, metlife, aetna, etc.   

Secondary to Allowance tables are Bluebooks,  these play an important role in your treatment planning capabilities.  

ambrunst983
Canine II

Thank you for the help.

chriscornett
Premolar II

ambrunst983
I hope that you can find these documents useful in the future:

SoftDent: How To Add Or Copy An Allowance Table In SoftDent Software 

SoftDent: Editing An Allowance Table In CS SoftDent Software 

Regards,