cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwhite
Premolar I

Automatically Shutting Down

Is anyone else having a problem with Softdent automatically shutting down when you running reports?  I have been shut down three times this evening while running a patient user code report and sending it to excel.  The citrix receiver is staying connected therefore not letting me log back on without restarting the computer.  Could someone in support please check this issue?

Thanks, Betsy

Labels (1)
14 Replies
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Re: Automatically Shutting Down

Hi Betsy,

I suspect you're hitting the HIPAA auto logoff option.  To check, go to System -> change system settings -> HIPAA options and check the wait time on the Enable Automatic Logoff option.  Some reports take a while to run, so you may just be exceeding this setting.  Let me know if this helps.  

bwhite
Premolar I

Hey Jeff -

I double checked and we don't have that option selected. This is shutting me down while I am working. I go to Reports - Patients - User Selected - Select my report - run as usual - Print - Select Excel. When I go back to Softdent it tells me that there was an unexpected error and must shut down.

We have seen this happen before and it takes a while for the citrix server to disconnect and allow you back in. A lot of times you have to restart your whole computer for it to disconnect. I can try to recreate this tonight and send you screen shots if that will help.

Thanks for looking into this,

Betsy

0 Kudos
bwhite
Premolar I

Jeff - Here are screen shots of what is happening. As soon as it transitions from Softdent to excel the shut down message pops up. When you click ok, it closes out and when you try to open Softdent again you get the message that there is already a application running. It takes 10- 15 minutes or more for it to let you reconnect. During the business of a day you don't have time to keep trying to see if you can get back in so we restart the computer and it will let you back in.

I am at the beach with my family this week but if you or someone needs to hook on to our system to see what is going on just let me know. I will make arrangements to get you connected.

Thanks Jeff -

Betsy

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

We get unexpected shutdown errors periodically also. But I can't tie them to a particular situation. Sometimes I ask their thin they don't seem to know, which helps no one. Your screenshots did not come through and I would be curious to see them, to see if it relates to our periodic situations.

Enjoy the beach!

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi Betsy,

Thanks for the additional info, I didn't realize you were getting an error.  Your attachments didn't come over, can you send them again?  I will ask support to take a look at your system and see if they can figure out what's going on.  

pksaari79‌  Kay - we should take a look at your system too.

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi Ladies,

Just adding Betsy's screen shots to this discussion.  

As soon as it transitions from Softdent to excel the shut down message pops up.  When you click ok, it closes out and when you try to open Softdent again you get the message that there is already a application running.  It takes 10- 15 minutes or more for it to let you reconnect. 
bwhite
Premolar I

Thank for getting these uploaded Jeff.

Betsy

0 Kudos
johnlynchoffice
Canine III

This same things happens in our office all the time. Softdent experienced a problem will will shut down. This happens randomly on different computers.\

drcavola
Premolar III

Would LOVE for Softdent to log each and every one of the "nice, polite" unexpected error notices in the Softdent program.

Apparently Softdent does not log such events .....

0 Kudos