Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drzatko721
Canine II

Billing statements with outstanding insurance

Jump to solution

Good afternoon! 

I am hoping there is a way when sending statements to eliminate the statements that have outstanding insurance on the account. We are wasting quite a bit of paper due to the outstanding insurance. Any help would be great!!

Thank you,

Erica 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: Billing statements with outstanding insurance

Jump to solution

Hi Erica 
this is based on ICM ( Insurance Calculation Method ) , i believe your office is setup to use ICM 2 that will bill the patient the estimated patient portion at the date of service ( ie account will receive statements for the estimated patient portion that ages from the service date )
if you change the ICM to ICM 1 
( All patient charges are held current until the insurer has paid. When using ICM1, the account's amount due is always $0 for any charges submitted on an insurance claim. SOFTDENT Software bills the account for charges not covered once you've posted the final insurance payment and marked the claim complete. This amount becomes the amount due and ages from the final insurance payment date.)
you can check accounts ICM from account screen 

if you wish to change all accounts' ICM we have a utility we can run 
also make sure that this option is not selected in ( system , change system settings , billing statements )

staceydental
Canine II

Jump to solution

Our office had the same problem.  My solution is to review the paper statements first.  You can select which statements are actually to be printed. Go to statements >accounting>statements>paper>statement preview.  This will show all accounts eligible for statements (1 x every 28 days).  You click on the name of the person on each line. If, once you select an account, it shows an insurance balance, you click the check marked box to deselect the item and it will then not print a statement for that account.  After you have reviewed the list, look at the top of your screen.  It will give you the option to print.  I believe it says 1 statement, or something like that.  Select that and it will print only the accounts that you choose to receive a statement.  It's not perfect.  I still get some stragglers, but it has saved me tons of paper.

doctom4300
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Even with ICM2, I get statements printing that are still waiting for insurance. I've gone to using the Preview option, as Kathleen describes.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hey Brenda 
i was suggesting to use ICM1 , have you tried that ?

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Jump to solution

We collect the estimated patient portion on the day of service and then bill the patient for any remaining balance after receiving the insurance payment.

If we use ICM1, will SoftDent show us the estimated patient portion on the day of service?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

well in this case , you need to use ICM2 as it is the one to bill patients their portion at the DOS 
ICM1 wont work for your office if that was the case  

0 Kudos
drzatko721
Canine II

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! I had totally forgotten that I had asked this question. We got busy in the office with insurance companies and fee schedules. I'm hoping this helps! Thanks again!! 

0 Kudos
drzatko721
Canine II

Jump to solution

Thank you! When I'm folding statements I try to see which ones have outstanding insurance and take those out, but that's where the wasting of paper comes into play. I will have to try this!! 

0 Kudos