cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pksaari79
Premolar III

Bluebook Entries

So, I never paid attention previously but have now noticed the $ sign in the Bluebook Entries, marked as Tag.  Not for each procedure, but for some.  And there may be a number.  What does this mean....I cannot fine it in the Help for Softdent.softdentgirld.canales

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
7 Replies
chriscornett
Premolar II

Re: Bluebook Entries

Kay,

I hope that you can find this information useful: softdentgirld.canales

The Tag field is used for tracking changes made to bluebook entries. See below for a list of Tags that may appear in the field:

Tag 1

• "Patient not on fee sched. 0"
  • "1" - This symbol is displayed in the Tag column when you have updated a bluebook entry by posting an insurance payment to a patient who is not charged the fee schedule zero (0) amount.

Tag 2 

• "Bluebook has changed since trans posting"
  • "2" - This symbol is displayed in the Tag column when you attempt to update a bluebook entry that has been changed since the associated procedure was posted.

Tag 3 

• "Bluebook % has changed since trans posting"
  • "3" - This symbol is displayed in the Tag column when you attempt to update a bluebook entry and the % field has been changed since the associated procedure was posted.

Tag 4 

• "Fee has changed since trans posting"
  • "4" - This symbol is displayed in the Tag column when you attempt to update a bluebook entry and the fee has changed since the associated procedure was posted.

Tag 5 

• "Fee submitted different from cash schedule"
  • "5" - This symbol is displayed in the Tag column when you attempt to update a bluebook entry and the fee submitted to the insurance company is not the same as the fee schedule 0 amount.

Tag 6 

• "Deductible may be involved"
  • "6" - This symbol is displayed in the Tag column when you attempt to update a bluebook entry and the deductible is calculated into the insurance payment amount.

Tag 7 

• "Bluebook's fee different from trans fee"

Tag T 

• "BlueBook entry came from Trojan"

"T" 

• This symbol is displayed in the Tag column when Trojan fees are used to update bluebook entries.

Tag $ 

• A ‘$’ tag gets appended to one of the above tags on any existing bluebook entry that has had its fee changed. In other words you add a plan and add a bluebook entry to that plan for code 2140. Then a week later you edit the ADA record for code 2140 and change the fee0 amount. The bluebook entry for code 2140 now has the new fee and a ‘$’ tag meaning you changed the fee0 amount on this bluebook entry.

Tag 

• A ‘%’ gets appended to one of the above tags on any existing bluebook entry for a percentage plan that used to be a flat fee. In other words, if a plan was created as a flat fee plan and the bluebook entries were added and then the plan gets changed to a percentage plan, the bluebook entries will get a ‘%’ tag.
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Dang Chris, that was a fast response.  I was just getting out my trusty answer sheet... and you were already finished posting!  I hope you don't mine, but I'm going to go ahead and post mine as well - it appears to be all the same info, but just another way to state it.  

When Bluebook entries are updated, there is a list of tags to explain the most recently updated information.  

The list of tags displayed in the Bluebook Entries for List window are:

• $: The code’s fee schedule 0 has been updated since you last updated the entry. The new fee is displayed, and a new payment amount is calculated using the new fee information.  After you update the bluebook entry and post an additional insurance payment to verify the payment amount, the tag is no longer displayed.

• T: Trojan fees are used to update bluebook entries.

• CHG: An insurance payment that does not match the entry was posted.

• 1: The bluebook entry was updated by posting an insurance payment to a patient who is not charged the fee schedule 0 amount.

• 2: Attempt to update a bluebook entry that has been changed since the associated procedure was posted.

• 3: Attempt to update a bluebook entry and the % field has been changed since the associated procedure was posted.

• 4: Attempt to update a bluebook entry and the fee has changed since the associated procedure was posted.

• 5: Attempt to update a bluebook entry and the fee submitted to the insurance company is not the same as the fee schedule 0 amount.

• 6: Attempt to update a bluebook entry and the deductible is calculated into the insurance payment amount.

• 7: Attempt to update a bluebook entry and the bluebook fee is different from the transaction fee.

Have a great day! 
    Danelle
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

pksaari79‌ - Just drawing your attention to your two warp speed responses.   

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Chris beat me to it

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Answered 3X 

Community Manager
Community Manager

And I didn't even have to tag either of you softdentgirl‌ and d.canales‌! Thank you all for the quick responses!

pksaari79
Premolar III

Ya'll are too funny.....now I have 3 copies in my Softdent cheat sheet.  THANKS so much for the "faster than a speeding bullet" responses.