cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
endoendo
Canine II

Box 53 error

Box 53 ??

When we post a hygiene appointment the insurance claim should show the doctor we posted in Softdent as the treating dentist, right?  It doesn't.  The daysheet is correct and the transaction screen is correct, but for the treating doctor, the claim still pulls the 'doctor of record' from the patient screen and enters his name in box 53..  Tech support couldn't resolve this and said they believe development is working on it. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
mdunham
Premolar III

Re: Box 53 error

Review information in your Practice Info and the Provider Info sections of SD?   

Also, which claim form are you using?

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Good morning!  

Just for my records, can you please tell me what version of SD you are using (this should be found in the upper left hand corner or under the Help Menu > About) and also which ADA claim form you are set to use (this should be found under the Insurance Menu > Select Insurance Forms)?  

For hygiene procedures, the doctor on the insurance claim form in SD is pulled from the "Dr. on Insurance forms" assigned to the hygienist that completed the hygiene code (1110, 1208, etc.).  This can be found under the List Menu > Providers > Highlight the hygienist > Click Edit at the top of the list.  

If the "Dr. on Insurance forms" is blank (or set to 0) as shown here, the SD will default to the doctor of record assigned to the patient (lower right corner of the Patient Information window), even if a different doctor completed today's exam.  

Some solutions I have seen used commonly are 1) creating two codes or more provider IDs for each hygienist, one with each doctor attached... this can get very convoluted if you have quite a few doctors and hygienists though, or 2) changing the doctor of record for the patient to accommodate the claim, then changing it back if necessary.  

I honestly don't know of any on-going development efforts to change this, but I do know we are always open for suggestions - I've seen lots of changes lately based on customer feedback.  

Hope this helps! 

Danelle 

endoendo
Canine II

Thanks for your response, Danelle. We are using version 16.2.5 and the insurance form we are using is 200. The ‘Dr on Insurance form’ shows the proper doctor in the provider setup, but the insurance form defaults to the patient screen doctor for box 53.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the additional information endoendo‌. d.canales‌ or softdentgirl‌ do either of you have additional input on this?

0 Kudos