cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwhite
Premolar I

Change Request

jeffrey.urkevich

We have two change requests that we have talked about previously but I wanted to get it out there in this forum.

1.  We have many patients that can't legally sign consent for treatment.  Is there a way to edit the signature line on the treatment plan to include "Responsible Party"?  (Patient/Responsible Party Signature)

2.  We work in long term care facilities and need to leave a printed report with the nurses at the end of the day.  Can we work to develop a document that includes the provider that rendered the treatment, the procedures completed and the clinical notes in a user friendly way? 

I really appreciate the work that you all are doing!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Re: Change Request

Hi bwhite‌,

Thank you for joining the Community!  I think we have talked about these in the past.  On the first suggestion, I would think we could do this without a change to the product, I will check.  Is this the area you're talking about?

SoftDent Community - is this a change that would benefit your practice?   Thanks!

Your second suggestion will take some work.  Is there a report you're using today that we could start with and modify?

Thanks!

Jeff

0 Kudos
bwhite
Premolar I

One the first one, yes that is exactly where I am talking about.

We are currently using the Patient by date clinical note.  I have talked with a couple of folks on this and no one has been able to figure out anything that is currently available that would be any better.  There are a couple of issues - 

The actual provider is not listed (only by provider number), the words are scrambled all over the page and it is very confusing for a non-dental person to figure out what was done.  

I really like the Quick Letter - Completed Referral Letter.  Something in that format with merged information would be great.  We would also need to be able to print it from the chart.

I can send you a copy of the paper progress note that we used prior to being chartless.  I can email it directly to you.

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

bwhite‌,

Please do send me a copy of your paper progress note:  Jeffrey.Urkevich@Carestream.com

I am tagging a some trainers on this, they usually have great ideas.

Thanks!

softdentgirl

d.canales

bert

bert
Premolar II

1. Here is an option for the signature on the treatment plan, create a letter expert letter. The letter expert has the ability to merge in the treatment plan items, you ca n add a signature line in the document and capture the responsible party signature.

2. For the second question try from the chart  printing the patient chart it gives you the option to print notes(date range).

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
bwhite
Premolar I

Thanks for your suggestions Albert.  We actually use the letter expert for sending treatment plans to our responsible parties by mail but we are trying to simplify the process.  There are a lot of times that the RP doesn't mail back both pages (the treatment plan and the page from letter expert).

We currently are printing the notes from the chart but they are very confusing to non-dental providers.  We would like to have a professional communication tool to leave with our facilities.  

I am always open to suggestions so keep them coming.

Betsy

pksaari79
Premolar III

On the Treatment Plan, it would be nice if the Topaz could capture a signature at this point.  I believe, right now, you can only capture signatures for the medical history?  We print the treatment plan, have them sign it, scan it under patient documents marked for treatment plans and date it, and then give the patient the original.  Signing it in the system and then printing it would be faster, I do believe.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

If you down load the plug ins from the Topaz's web site 

you can sign a Word, Excel or a PDF with the Topaz Signature pad 

(check with you IT person before down loading anything)