cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninaclaydental
Canine III

Clinical Notes Not Saving- HELP!

So I have contacted SD support several times since upgrading to version V16.2.8. Our clinical notes (for only certain providers) have started to revert back to generic notes after saving. We have run several utilities (Rebuild/ Re-index, Corrupt records, and find largest index) and that has not helped. I am told tier 3 has to help with this problem, put quite frankly they don't seem to know what to do either. This is turning into a nightmare. If anyone can help it would be appreciated! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
trankin
Canine II

Re: Clinical Notes Not Saving- HELP!

Nina,

Thank you for continuing to work with me on this issue today and hopefully we should have this resolved very soon.

ninaclaydental
Canine III

Hey Thomas, 

Thanks for the help you are providing. I am told other staff members called SD Support last week when I was on vacation and weren't able to reach anyone (they didnt have your number). Hopefully we will have it fixed soon. 

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

Regarding clinical notes.....all of a sudden without any changes that I am aware of, anything we write in clinical notes is prompted by wanting to add it as a clinical note.  It doesn't matter if you are pasting a report OR writing a note about a patient OR mentioning that information was sent to another office, it will ask if you want to make this a generic note.  This had not happened before and now it's happening all the time.  I did run the utilities but it did not change the situation.  Anyone have any help.....looks like we just have to cancel but each time??  We are on version 16.2.8 with the original scheduler.chriscornettaymansoftdentgirld.canales

0 Kudos

pksaari79
this message shows if the ADA code selected in the clinical note doesn't have a default generic note for the selected provider 
i am not sure what has changed there for it to start showing out of a sudden , do you have a new provider that is being selected in these clinical notes , did anyone remove the default generic notes for these codes or this provider ?
i dont think that it could be in any way utilities related  , unless all generic notes has disappeared or at least some of them 

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

No it doesn't apply to templates but to anything else we want to do.....like record that records were sent in the Re: section or that Dr. Saari wrote about a phone conversation with a patient.  This message NEVER came up in those circumstances prior to Friday, after support logged in trying to figure why the CDT 2018 codes appear to be there but places in the software still say 2017, like under fees maintenance or the red claim filing tab under an insurance plan. All generic notes are still there......but it will be a pain having this message come up each time.  I know we hit cancel....it's just weird that it started Friday evening.

0 Kudos

alright , thank you Kay for the info , will research what could possible could have happened or changed on friday and find a way to reverse it if possible , will get back to you tomorrow or so 

pksaari79
Premolar III

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

this makes no sense.  It should be a setting (but it is not)

if you make a manual note that is patient specific, you should not be prompted to add a generic note.

Let me look into it.

Thanks Kay

Wendy

0 Kudos

i had same thing happening on my SD even when posting a clinical note that is not linked to any ADA code
then i clicked yes on that message for "this provider" it will not show again for same provider 

i am still looking into what could CDT 2018 could have changed 

0 Kudos