cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chesterfam
Canine II

Create a new image template?

Good afternoon! Can anyone help me please, I want to create a new image template for 2 Bitewings & 2 PA's but I'm not having any success in the way I have been trying, perhaps someone can help? Thank you.

13 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: Create a new image template?

Quite easy to do.....tho I am speaking from someone using Softdent 16.2.4.  One of the trainers can easily help with this....softdentgirld.canaleslindamoseley

We often have had to create a format to accommodate an office's xrays sent to us.  However, I do believe whatever workstation you create it  on is the only one where you will find it. I think if you get one done, support can help form the server so it appears on all computers.  We have not done that, so sometimes we have to remember which computer may have that format or just do it again on that one.  We have only 2 computers that this might affect.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I don't know much about images, but jleyden‌ does.  Jacqueline, can you please help with this?  

0 Kudos
jleyden
Canine II

Instructions for modifying a template in Dental Imaging:

1.  In pt image chart, click Format in Menu --> Modify --> choose the FMS you wish to modify.

2.  In your case, choose checkup, and modify by selecting the boxes you wish to delete (since you only want 2 btw and two pa's)

3.  Rearrange boxes to desired location

4.  File --> Save As --> Rename

If you wish to have these templates networked it is best to call support so they can network from the server.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

I thought, when you rename it, you needed to keep the extension.  For example, you might rename it 2PA2BW.fms,keeping the extension after you create it, but when you look for it in your formats, you will only see 2PA2BW or however you identify this particular format.

0 Kudos
jleyden
Canine II

You don't have to keep the extension, the software will do it for you. If

you do add the extension it's the same as if you don't.

Thank you kindly,

Jacqueline Leyden/Certified Trainer

Carestream Dental, LLC

The eXceed Commitment is personified by employees who are CUSTOMER

CHAMPIONS. They are respectful, helpful and knowledgeable— they eXceed

your expectations in ways that are valuable to you. Let us know when a

Carestream team member exceeds your expectations and nominate a champion.

www.carestreamdental.com

Find us at Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn

0 Kudos

You mentioned you’re going to use that format to import images sent by another office, I will assume that these images are not a carestream images file extension , might be JPEG

1. Click Format and Create

1. Create new format using frames indicated by color teeth and gums icon.
  2. Save format and use as normal

to use that format when importing these xrays

Go to Format.

Click on Use a Format.

Open the (the newly created ) format at the bottom of the list.

Click on File.

Click on Import Image File.

Navigate to where you saved the images to on your computer and highlight all of

Click Open.

The images should automatically populate the mount. If they do not then click on each image and drag it into a box in the FMS.

Once all the images are in the mount, move them around until they are in the correct spots.

Save the FMS once you are finished.

pksaari79 

If you want to use that format on other WS we can easily copy the template folder from WS to another , will be happy to give you a call to assist copying that folder

0 Kudos
chesterfam
Canine II

Thank you for everyone's advice.........but the help I'm seeking is actually with the creating of a new format. The Dr took 2 PA's & 2 B/W's here in our office on one of our patients & would like to input these images into a custom made format created by us to accommodate these 4 images. It's not something we have done before which is why we are seeking help! Thank you.

open imaging from Softdent 

1. Click Format and Create

2.Create new format using frames you have 10 options 0-4 horizontal and vertical in the toolbox

3.Save format and use as normal

to import these images to the format 

in imaging , format , use format , select the newly created format 
from history open the 4 images you want to import , then drag and drop these images to the FMS 

chesterfam
Canine II

Thank you very much for your help today Ayman....as always much appreciated! Problem solved!