cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
advadental
Canine II

Daily Register Question

For what reason would your daily register credit card collections not match your credit card settlement amount?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
bert
Premolar II

Re: Daily Register Question

There are several reasons but I think the most common is a credit card payment or refund was added the same day but after the credit card settlement report was run.

Or the daily register was run earlier in the day before the credit card settlement report was run.

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

Another reason maybe the actual credit card slips. You need to make sure they are all marked sale. There are times when, accidentally, someone may hit a different button which creates a return. So, every evening after checking the deposit slip for credit cards, we run a batch settlement to double check it before we close out those transactions. If the credit card deposit slip and the batch transaction summary match, then we close out both the credit card transactions and run add a daysheet.

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar I

The credit card settlement will not match your daily register if you have had a Care Credit payment.  

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

No it won't.  We used to have a separate terminal for CareCredit, so we had one for V/MC/AE/Discover and then one for CareCredit.  But now we process CareCredit through Softdent and we get a third page that is only CareCredit.  That has made my life easier because it is NOT on the day sheet for credit cards.....with the terminal we had to back out any CareCredit monies to make sure the rest of the CC's balanced.

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar I

We do not have a separate terminal  - we process CareCredit transactions online and they do appear on our daily register under credit card transactions.  We just add the CareCredit transactions to the credit card settlement & confirm that it matches our daily register.  

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

You might look into processing it through Softdent.  It's quite easy and will give you a separate sheet for your daysheet.....deposit slip on one page, credit cards on the second page, CareCredit on the third page.  That would help your CC reconciliation at the end of the day and require less time, esp if you have several CareCredit slips in one day.  When it processes through Softdent, it's on a regular page of paper....printing one for the patient to sign and one for us to keep.

0 Kudos
callton
Premolar I

We use the CC link in SoftDent to process online....I'm now wondering if there is a setting that needs to be adjusted or a code that is incorrect.  We get to CC through SoftDent but then have to enter the card number manually on the website and also enter the transaction in SD...is that what you do?  The receipt does print on regular paper like you mentioned....

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

To pay by CareCredit, we go to post as you would any personal payment. We use 15 as the code and it does generate separately on the deposit slip and daysheet.  It does goes through online and is processed or denied immediately.  We did talk to Carestream to get integrated....maybe that's what you need to do.  Plus you need to make sure under File....then Practice....to get your codes in under Default ADA.softdentgirld.canales

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

0 Kudos