cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orly
Canine II

Does anyone have problems running reports?

Whenever we run a report, whether it be a referral report, a treatment plan report or a recall report, SoftDent takes a looooooong time to run the report.  I mean, more than 15 minutes.  

Does anyone else have a problem with this?  If so, is there a solution?

4 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: Does anyone have problems running reports?

Yes, workstations can be slow.  We run most reports on the server, because it will run so much faster.

idsmiles
Canine II

Yes, we have this issue of slow running reports.  Particularly the Practice Management ones.  I have attempted to run them on the server however, they are not any quicker.  I'm wondering if mine may pertain to changes being made in accounts and then a new DaySheet not being run  every time after a change?  But I'm not sure...any help would be appreciated!  

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

softdentgirl‌......any thoughts?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Speed issues, really vary from office to office.  I have seen every end of the spectrum.  It helps tremendously if you have a good IT person and a strong network.  When I train offices onsite I ask for access to the server (this way I can run what I need, quickly and not take away form the training) .  I also like to have a copy of excel on the server, as well and the ability to print.  

In some cases your IT person can add a shortcut to the server on a workstation (this helps for running reports and should only be used for this)

I find if you hardware tech reaches out to SoftDent support, then can work together to find a solution to speed up your system.

Wendy