cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enspire
Premolar I

Duplicate Credit Card Postings/Transactions

Has anyone experienced duplicate credit card postings in Softdent?  The charge only goes through once but posts twice.  We experience this almost on a daily basis and have for years now.  This ticket has been escalated and no one at Carestream can figure it out.  If you have experienced this, have you found any resolution?  We use Transfirst/TSIS with the card swipers that are connected right into the computer and the payment posts directly into the patients account.

Help... This has been going on way too long.

0 Kudos
41 Replies
drcavola
Premolar III

Re: Duplicate Credit Card Postings/Transactions

Yes, we have.  Apparently a bug in the eservices portion of the Softdent software (no surprise there).

I hear they're working on a fix ...... click, clock, click, clock .....

0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

Tonya,

I am not going to say that it can never happen, but it should be extremely rare that a credit card payment posts twice to the ledger but is only in the settlement once.  Typically I have seen this if something causes the receipt not to print and the staff member runs the card again.  I am not suggesting that is the case in all instances, but we have seen that to be the most common occurrence.  You say it happens daily, do you have a lot of people set up on budget/payment plans or do you do a lot of split payments? Someone will call you to review the issues with you.

0 Kudos
enspire
Premolar I

We do not use budget plans, but we do allocate/split payments a lot.  We have 5 providers in our office.  This is not due to running the card twice, as it happens to me all the time.  (The most of anyone in our office and I have been working with Softdent since 1995) This is a ticket that has been escalated in SD and they say there is no resolution until they figure it out and implement a fix.  Our account number is 209600 if you would like to look back at the many contacts on this.  Unfortunately, it is not rare, and happens almost every day.  These extra payments do not "settle" at the end of the day, it just leaves our daysheet off balance if we don't catch it.  I would love a resolution on this.

0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

Tonya,

I know our development team has been looking at this as we have had a few offices report a similar issue that occurs with some split payments. I know we have been having a very difficult time reproducing the issue on our end which makes discovering the root cause very difficult. Just so I am clear, do you think this only occurs with split payments? And is it occurring with just some of them, or all of them?

0 Kudos
enspire
Premolar I

It occurs from both non split and split payments, but we always post from the Account Payment screen because of our multiple providers. 

0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

Tonya,

Every little bit of information helps, so thank you for answering those questions. I have not heard of this occurring on non-split payments. Would it be possible for you to notify me the next time this happens on a non-split payment?

0 Kudos
enspire
Premolar I

Matt, Yes, I would be happy to.  What is the best way to reach you?

0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

You can either call me directly at 770-226-3185 or send me an email (matt.czarick@carestream.com).

0 Kudos
enspire
Premolar I

Edward B Called with Softdent support.  He wants me to let him know when this happens as well.  Should I inform you both?  Thank you for your help on this.

0 Kudos