cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pksaari79
Premolar III

Duplicate Social Security Messge

We just updated from 16.2.4 to 16.2.8 and the duplicate social security message is popping up.  We NEVER had this before.  I was looking through conversations and this was the last one:

Some of you have been experiencing issues surrounding social security numbers.  Specifically, these were a message reading "Duplicate Social Security Number Detected", and a defect that changed the SSN to hyphens under certain conditions.  I am happy to report that these issues have been resolved in SD v16.2.8 and this version has been released.  If you are experiencing one or both of these issues, please contact support and we'll get your system upgraded as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your continued dedication to the SoftDent product.

Jeff

Since Jeff is no longer there and this is apparently NOT fixed, what to do?  I would assume that if we updated 2 weeks ago, I have the most recent version. Please advise....it is annoying. softdentgirl@ tshaw d.canales

Labels (1)
16 Replies
chriscornett
Premolar II

Re: Duplicate Social Security Messge

pksaari79‌, Are you just getting a pop-up that states you have a duplicate SSN or are you actually seeing duplicate SSNs?

You can generate a report to see if you've actually got duplicates.

pksaari79
Premolar III

I was told it says something about a duplicate SSN.... I don't believe we are seeing duplicates.   I asked her to take a picture the next time it happens unless this answers your question.

chriscornett
Premolar II

I think what you are seeing is a newly created message that will indicate when a duplicate SSN is detected. Leaving a SSN blank may lead to this message as it will see a blank SSN which will be a duplicate of other blank SSNs. I believe there is a registry edit that can be performed to stop the message from appearing. If it is thought that there may actually be a duplicate SSN, you can generate a patient user selected report and include SSNs. Then you can export to Excel and sort by SSNs or view duplicates in the SSN column.

pksaari79
Premolar III

How do you run this registry edit?  We do have some patients who will not give us the SSN so until it affects their insurance, we leave them alone.

For duplicates I would just need to run a report with patient and SSN......if I run it to Excel how will I view the duplicates or will they be side by side?

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

So it's running lots of paper for our patients.....was there a way in Excel to note the duplicate SSN?

And we have many that do not have SSNs.  Please help further with explaining.

0 Kudos
chriscornett
Premolar II

To show duplicates in Excel, do the following:

1. Select the range of cells you with to test
2. On Excel's Home tab, choose Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells Rules, and then Duplicate Values

3. Click OK within the Duplicate Values dialog box to identify the duplicate values

4. Duplicate values in the list will now be identified

Hope this helps Kay and I'll try and get the steps from QA on how to edit the registry entry.

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

I will try this is a few.....got the message again and it states:

Warning: Duplicate Social Security Number Detected.

Does this tell you anything??

0 Kudos

hey kay 
i would use sort by SSN column value 
then using conditional formatting , highlights cells rules , duplicate values 
then i would filter the SSN column by color 

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

So I figured how to get the cells and I ran it per your directions.  Many of the"duplicates" are for patients who have moved to a new account or have a new account with a new name, like when getting married.  The other highlights are for patients who do not have a SSN listed.  I am not seeing duplicates in any other way unless I don't know how to look through 11000+ patients!  So maybe the registry will help us.

0 Kudos