cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsfdom
Canine III

Edit patient chart

After installing our latest Softdent update we noticed a change in patient charting. When making treatment notes there used to be an option to "edit" notes that had already been entered. It appears that "edit" has been replaced with "amend" and that now there is no way to change what notes were entered (on the same day), but only to add on to previous notes. Is there any way to do it the old way or is "amend" the only option?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Re: Edit patient chart

Hi Lisa,

You can edit a clinical note until the end of the day it was created, after that you can only amend the existing note.  This actually changed in version 14.0, so a long time ago!  We did this to preserve the audit trail of the clinical note.  I hope this helps.  The help topic info is below.  Thanks for participating in the Community.  

Ability to Edit a Clinical Note Until the End of the Day

You can now edit a saved clinical note, provided you are editing the note on the day it was created and you have the proper security permissions.

When you select a clinical note created today, an Edit Note Text button is displayed. When you click the button, the current note text from the Notes History tab is displayed in the note field on the Info tab, and the date stamp is removed. You can edit or add to the note, and the edited text replaces the current note text. When you click OK, the date stamp is added to the edited note text.

0 Kudos
dsfdom
Canine III

Hmmmm...let me check again with the staff member who brought this up. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what she means!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
lindamoseley
Canine III

Hi Lisa,

This is also related to the SoftDent security permissions. The user must have the permission checked to EDIT clinical note in the security system settings in order for that feature to work. The practice owner will have to log into SoftDent to access that area of SoftDent. 

dsfdom
Canine III

Thank you Linda! It occurred to me last week that it was probably a security permission setting. Thanks for the reinforcement!   

0 Kudos