cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joyce4763
Canine II

Editing a credit card payment plan

I would like to find out more about the credit card payment plan available in softdent. I would like to know how to add to an existing plan. Where do I go to view this?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
shanab
Premolar I

Re: I

Hi Joyce,

In SD, go to Help>SoftDent Help and type "credit card payment plan" in the search field.  The first 4 options will give you a lot of information to get you started. 

drcavola
Premolar III

Re: Editing a credit card payment plan

Although we don't do a lot of credit card payment plans, it is my experience that you are not allowed to edit an existing plan.  It does make logical sense - the patient and the office make an agreement at the outset of the payment plan, forms are signed, etc.  You should not go back and change the terms after the fact.  What we have done as a workaround would be to terminate the existing plan and start anew.

0 Kudos
cdasmile
Canine II

Is there a way to add a credit card payment plan for multiple patients in the same family? It looks like it only adds it for the patient screen you are in.

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Use the hot key "y" for payments - you should be able to access that screen from the transaction screen when making a payment.  There is also a setting in Softdent that defaults to the payments screen when making a credit card payment.  This allows you to distribute the payment to multiple patients, if needed, in the account.  

0 Kudos