cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgalofredds
Canine III

Fine tuning the Bluebook

Jump to solution

I would like to tune the Bluebook so that a code that is not covered by insurance displays on the estimate (and ultimately the scheduler) showing the network adjustment and the balance to be paid by patient. For example Tx A fee is $1000, with network adjustment of $250. The in network patient would be responsible for the full payment of $750. 

I've tried a variety of approaches from taking the Tx out of the blue book and the percentage paid by insurance = 0, but not have the effect I'm looking for. 

Any suggestions?

Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
bert
Premolar II

Re: Fine tuning the Bluebook

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

We can make a bluebook entry for a percentage ppo type insurance plan 7953 put in the allowed amount and change the percentage to 0 and it will estimate and accomplish what you want. Your fee 450. allowed amount 411 and pt responsibility 411. Write off $39.

If you have further questions please add them to the community

Thanks

Bert

0 Kudos
bgalofredds
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thanks Albert. Works like a charm.

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Mark ,  are you in a State that does it require write-offs for Nom-Covered Services?    If so,  you mark the bluebook payment to Zero, the percentage to zero and select the box that charges to your fee.   No adjustment would be given.     Many doctors do not know about these "non-covered services"

legislations within their state, and therefor they adjust off a lot of unnecessary dollars. 

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

Jump to solution

California dentists DO NOT have to give an adjustment for Non-Covered services.   

Bill Text - AB-2275 Dental coverage: noncovered benefits. 

0 Kudos
bgalofredds
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thanks for taking interest in my question Melissa. Great advise. Will put it to use.

Mark

0 Kudos