cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chesterfam
Canine II

Hello, any ideas how I can transfer 4 B/W'S currently saved in "other intraoral images" onto a 4 bitewing horizontal format?

Jump to solution

We imported 4 B/W'S into a patients chart & they are currently saved as "other intraoral images". We are trying to transfer them to a "4 bitewing horizontal format" & are not having any luck doing so! We seem to recall that in the past we could do this & were able to go to Carestream Imaging click on Format, select the images we required from the small box in the upper right hand corner, select transfer to format & then save, but this does not seem to be the case anymore! Anyone able to help please?      

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
chriscornett
Premolar II

Re: Hello, any ideas how I can transfer 4 B/W'S currently saved in "other intraoral images" onto a 4 bitewing horizontal format?

Jump to solution

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated softdentgirl‌ / d.canales‌ / adshardin

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Hello, any ideas how I can transfer 4 B/W'S currently saved in "other intraoral images" onto a 4 bitewing horizontal format?

Jump to solution

I am not familiar with CS Imaging - maybe shanab or asmith or lindamoseley‌ or saint.tammy‌ can help us on this one?  

0 Kudos
lindamoseley
Canine III

Jump to solution

Are the BWs saved as JPEG files or are they Carestream files?

Linda Moseley | Certified Trainer

US Training Department

linda.moseley@carestream.com

Office: 770.226.3073

CNET : 176-3073

www.carestreamdental.com

Carestream Dental LLC

1765 The Exchange | Atlanta, GA 30339

Find us at www.carestreamdental.com | Facebook | Twitter

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Hello, any ideas how I can transfer 4 B/W'S  currently saved in "other intraoral images" onto a 4 bitewing horizontal format?

Jump to solution

Most likely they were .jpg images if they were imported from another provider, and that is why you are having issues 

Open Carestream imaging

if you click Format/Use

you should be able to select the 3RD Party mount 

if you do not have this mount, Contact imaging support 866.435.7473 - imaging

0 Kudos
chesterfam
Canine II

Jump to solution

They are Carestream files

0 Kudos
chesterfam
Canine II

Jump to solution

We do not have a 3rd party mount but they are Carestream files not .jpeg

0 Kudos
lindamoseley
Canine III

Jump to solution

Perfect. Follow these steps.

1 - Open the imaging window for that patient

2 - Open a Bitewing format from your formats selection window

3 - Now open each individual BW xray

4 - Drag to correct frame as needed

5 - Click the SAVE button on upper left

Linda Moseley | Certified Trainer

US Training Department

linda.moseley@carestream.com

Office: 770.226.3073

CNET : 176-3073

www.carestreamdental.com

Carestream Dental LLC

1765 The Exchange | Atlanta, GA 30339

Find us at www.carestreamdental.com | Facebook | Twitter

Jump to solution

just an extra note , when dragging the xrays you need to click on the actual image not the image window boarder if that makes sense 

0 Kudos
chesterfam
Canine II

Jump to solution

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your help with this matter. I feel it should be as easy as you make it sound but it just doesn't appear to be for us! I get to the point in your instructions where I open the format that we want to use but then when I open each individual BW by using the mouth icon on the upper right hand side of the screen, it will allow me to click on the individual BW image & drag it into the format but rather than just fit into the correct frame of the format that I'm dragging it into, it opens up the BW image to the size of the entire computer screen....it just doesn't want to fit into the highlighted frame?  

0 Kudos