cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinlund
Canine III

How do I put in a Canadian address?

One of our patients moved to Canada. In the address area, everything seems locked in to United States addresses. There have to be SoftDent users with patients that have a foreign address. How do I get it in there?

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I put in a Canadian address?

ayman‌ or d.canales‌ any suggestions on this?

Currently, there is no support within SOFTDENT Software to enter Canadian zip or postal Codes.

I am not sure if this would be useful but the closest i got to is 

add a zipcode # 0 or any numerical value ( From list -> zipcodes -> add )
in city enter city name , Postal code   ex ( Old Montreal, QC H2Y-J4J ) 

this will print out on statements and address labels 

kevinlund
Canine III

OK, good to know. Hopefully insurance will pay everything so we won't have to mail him a statement. Thanks for the input!

hope that as well , sure welcome anytime 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

This is almost the exact same solution I came up with, Ayman.  #GreatMinds

Another thing I found is that you can put the entire address into the address line and it will print on statements that way too. 

calh76
Canine II

Just an FYI, in case you do not know...If you do have to mail a billing statement or mail a paper claim to Canada, use 2 stamps.  This change just took place not too long ago.  I mailed a claim to an insurance company for my patient and it was returned for more postage.  

0 Kudos
agd
Canine II

These are excellent workaround suggestions, but unfortunately, these methods will not work for electronic claims and/or statements. The electronic validation process will see empty fields for the city, state and or zip, depending on the workaround and prevent the claim/statement from transmitting.  Hopefully, a future release will address (pun intended) this issue.

0 Kudos