cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakewooddental
Canine II

How do you make a guarantor a patient from account?

Jump to solution

I am trying to make a guarantor a patient from the account without having to re-enter all the information into the "add" patient area. Is there an easier way to add as a patient?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mdunham
Premolar III

Re: How do you make a guarantor a patient from account?

Jump to solution

I believe that SD will only do this when the Account is first created.  At this time, SD will add a patient to the account automatically with the Primary ACCT holders information.  In our system, everything used to transfer, now we frequently have to add in some items that are already populated on the ACCT side.    I think you will have to add a pt to the acct and add in the information in.

vrodriguez
Canine III

Re: How do you make a guarantor a patient from account?

Jump to solution

Melissa is correct. When an account is first created, SD affords you the opportunity to carry that guarantor information over when adding the first patient to the account. 

However if you go to list>>account>>highlight the account in question>>select patient from your option bar, you'll be taken to the patient list for that account. From here if you select add, most of the information including last name and address is carried over. You will have to add some info such as first name, birthday and SSN. This should help alleviate having to enter ALL of the patient info. 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos