cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinlund
Canine III

How do you note day of service payment?

When a patient comes in for an appointment, there are a few options for payment. Maybe everything will be sent to insurance, and we will bill them later. Maybe they will pay everything for the discount. Maybe they will put down half. Is there any way to make this info easier to find for the front staff?

We currently have signed treatment plans with this information, so the day before every appointment, the front staff prints out routers, checks the treatment plans, and writes down any payment info on the router. But it would be great if there was a place in the appointment card for financial arrangements.

We don't use the appointment note slot because that gets used for other items (and there isn't much space anyway).

Am I missing anything? Does anybody have other solutions that work for them?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
drcavola
Premolar III

Re: How do you note day of service payment?

You could create some "in-house" user generated transaction codes that could specify the details of those payments arrangements.  For example,

9999.5 - Patient UF w/discount,

9999.6 - Ins., bill later

Just some ideas ...

kevinlund
Canine III

I did think about that, but then realized that I would have to have different codes for different dollar amounts, and that seemed tedious and convoluted. All I want is a "Patient Brings In: " box...

But thanks for the idea!

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

If the patient's financial arrangements are already on the signed treatment plan, which I assume are scanned into the documents ..., then attach a copy of the treatment plan with each of the routers, and have the front staff highlight the payment arrangements.  Those routers go back with the patient and then up front when the treatment is complete, so why not have that information easily available with the router?

0 Kudos
kevinlund
Canine III

We currently do something like that. I just thought that it would make sense for the appointment card to have some kind of place to enter in how much money the patient will bring in that day.

We'll just stick with our current plan.

0 Kudos
cgdfrontdesk
Canine II

On the ledger there is a yellow sticky note.  That is where I make my notes for each payment arrangement.  You can mark it to show up at pt. check out or any of the other options.  You even have it on the treatment plan to do the same.

0 Kudos
kevinlund
Canine III

Do you mean the appointment note, that pops up when you hover your cursor over the little red triangle in the upper right corner of the appointment?

Or do you mean something else?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
rakeshpateldds
Canine II

Yes, is there another place besides the appt. note for that? We have that issue as well for bal. due.

0 Kudos
lindamoseley
Canine III

You can set up a Team Talk note for the patients with a payment arrangement. Set the “trigger” for the note to appear during check in, check out, view transactions, and confirming. In the note type in the amount to collect; assuming additional treatment was not performed in addition to what was scheduled.