cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Inactivating Patients in SoftDent

Tip:

Most of us know to enter a User code I on the patient screen to inactivate the patient 

I also recommend posting a transaction code in the 60 Range to track when they were inactivated.

This way you can report actual # of inactive patients per month vs new patients for the month 

Wendy 

Tags (2)
14 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: Inactivating Patients in SoftDent

Guess I am in the dark....what code to you use to inactivate a patient.  Once you inactivate them, an I comes up.  Is that what you are talking about.

Using a code in transaction sounds good.  Never thought of that.....any ideas on codes that have been used for that??  Looks like we have our 60s pretty well used.

drcavola
Premolar III

This is a very interesting "work around" for an issue that Softdent continues to be struggling with and has been suggested a few years back.  The issue:  there is no audit tracking of changes made within accounts or patients screens.

Anytime a user makes a change in either the Account or Patient Screen, there should be log made with a time stamp, a description, and which user made the change.  Make a change in the insurance?  Should be a record.  Change address and/or contact numbers?  Should be a record.  One of the patients deceased in the account?  Should be a record.  Inactivate a patient within an account like Wendy describes?  Should be a record.  

The transactions associated with inactivation is a welcome work around, especially for tracking purposes, but hopefully Softdent would be able to report the cumulative changes associated with the account and/or patient modifications.

jojob
Canine III

Wendy,

GREAT suggestion!

So...my 60's were already assigned (60-69), so I created a "60.1 code for Inactivated".  On a patient's transactions it appears as "60" not 60.1, so I rechecked my ADA Codes and it was still 60.1.  Hope that will distinguish if I run any reports.

bwhite
Premolar I

I agree!  This would be so helpful.

Betsy

bwhite
Premolar I

I would like to see the entire code show in the transactions.  We use several "modifiers" (60.1, 60.2 etc.)  It would be nice if we were able to see the entire code without having to run a report or double click on the transaction.

Betsy

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

It sure will!  

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Ditto!  I wish the entire code displayed, but you get use to it.  It does display the description very well, so that helps 

kcrab
Canine II

Hallelujah! Wouldn't this be great?  And .....if a transaction code is to be entered as Wendy suggests, why shouldn't SoftDent automatically do it for you when you inactivate an account.  There are so many little details when you create work arounds that have to be continually trained into your staff.  Also, how about the reverse for everything - such as when an inactive patient becomes active again?

kcrab
Canine II

Yes Wendy, we have gotten used to not seeing the modifiers for codes but this doesn't make it efficient.  This modifier doesn't print on any reports either throughout much of SoftDent.   

0 Kudos