cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwhite
Premolar I

International Addresses

Jump to solution

I realize that there are not too many times that this happens but as our world gets smaller we are having more financial responsible parties that live outside the United States.  Any options on entering these so that they print correctly on billing statements and word merge without have to "fake" the address in the set up?  We are currently having to put the address in a Team Talk and enter place holders in the Guarantor field so we can set up the account. 

Betsy

0 Kudos
26 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: International Addresses

Jump to solution

At this time, I do not believe there is a way to enter international addresses into SoftDent. 

tyson.edwards‌ or juriz‌, any idea if there are upcoming enhancements regarding international addresses?  

softdentgirl‌ or chriscornett‌, by any chance do either one of you know something I don't regarding entering international addresses?  If I remember correctly the "zip code" is typically the biggest problem as they are 6 digits and alpha numeric in many countries.  

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

bwhite‌,

Do you mind if I ask: 

a) How often this impacts your practice? 

b) What international addresses are you seeing?  Is it just the Zip Code causing the issue or are there other factors? 

0 Kudos
bwhite
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Just as a reminder, we are a mobile special needs practice that goes to nursing homes and group homes.  Most of our patients don't make their own treatment decisions or are financially responsible for their accounts.  It seems like just this year we have run into it 3 or 4 times.  Our work around is that we put "see team talk" as the address then we type the international address, as it should be sent, in the team talk.  The last one was Canada but we have had Germany and others.

I realize that usually isn't a problem but I am just seeing happen more often and was wondering if we can think about options for the future.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

This was an issue for one of my offices in Barbados, They do not use City, State or Zip.  

10 years ago they requested a SECOND Address Line, this would have solved their problem.  

this second address line would also be very helpful when billing Prisions, Nursing Homes or Trusts since they could us the SECOND address line for in c/o etc..

Wendy

bwhite
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Thanks Wendy. I will look at that in the morning.

Betsy

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Wow - using the internet for ecommerce now a days, and EVERY form has a second address line.

10 years ago ... there seems to be a pattern here, with enhancement requests tallying up and essentially being ignored.

If we had $1 for every one of these that have been ignored .....

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Yes, this is definitely a necessity. I have added this to the list for next release.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Anything else need to be added or changed with this Pt. Info window?

dr.cavola

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Tyson,

2 Lines would be great 

but hopefully the formatting will not change