cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janeta
Canine II

Is it possible to add a PDF file to a patient's chart

Jump to solution

Is there a way to add a PDF file into a patient's chart record?  Sometimes referring doctors send us a PDF file with an image on it and I was wondering if there is a way to add it or if it needs to be a JPEG.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
dmccrory
Premolar II

Re: Is it possible to add a PDF file to a patient's chart

Jump to solution

The charting module  will only accept image files.  JPEG will be a supported image file.  PDF files can be added into the documents tree/window for the selected patient.

ktatejacoby
Canine III

Jump to solution

We place the file in our Windows documents with a name-related topic of the file and save to documents. The if you go to the patient chart, click on Information then documents, there is a Capture New Document tab at the top. Once you click there you can fill out the information on the pop up screen (i.e. where it is to be saved in the chart, name of doc, etc.) click on OK, then on the next page click on File, Import, then pull the file from your Windows Docs where it is saved and once you click on it and hit save it pulls it over into wherever you placed it in the patient chart (i.e. Misc patient docs, etc.)  Hope this helps and answers your question.

janeta
Canine II

Jump to solution

Thank you! This is very helpful!!

0 Kudos
ktatejacoby
Canine III

Jump to solution

You're very welcome! :-)

0 Kudos
tallarob
Canine II

Jump to solution

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see where I can import a pdf file.  All I see is the option to import image files such as jpeg files.

wenp69
Canine III

Jump to solution

Kathryn are you using PW or SD?  I see no information or documents options on a PW chart 

0 Kudos
wenp69
Canine III

Jump to solution

Robert, I dont see what she is talking about either.  Will keep searching.  Sometimes the suggestions are from SoftDent users which does not help those of us in PW

0 Kudos
tallarob
Canine II

Jump to solution

SoftDent

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
wenp69
Canine III

Jump to solution

That sentence did not help at all.  I understand that PW chooses to live in the past and not use probably the most common version of document sharing.  Perhaps a better comment would be to suggest a work around.  These are some of the reasons why I have avoided going paperless.  I receive 2-3 PDF files a day from other offices.  

0 Kudos