cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmdmatt
Canine II

Is there a way for the hygienist to notify the doctor that it is timefor an exam..Basicially, has anyone figured out an intra-office communication system within Softdent?

Is there a way for the hygienist to notify the doctor that it is timefor an exam..Basicially, has anyone figured out an intra-office communication system within Softdent?

Tags (1)
18 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Is there a way for the hygienist to notify the doctor that it is timefor an exam..Basicially, has anyone figured out an intra-office communication system within Softdent?

As a trainer, I know that I unfortunately do not have an answer to this question - I tell offices that I am training they can use a third party system (such as Blue Note) to communicate with each other instantly but that we currently do not have anything like that in SoftDent.  

I am interested to see if any other offices say they have come up with a "work around" or idea using SoftDent, but if they have, I haven't heard of it.  

bausdental
Canine III

Re: Is there a way for the hygienist to notify the doctor that it is timefor an exam..Basicially, has anyone figured out an intra-office communication system within Softdent?

We actually use Skype for this, each computer in our office has it's own user name and we've created groups in which we notify and communicate with each other.  It works very well for us.

dmdmatt
Canine II

Interesting!  So you have Skype on each workstation ?  I'm not that familiar with it.  Could you explain a bit more how you have it set up?

thanks.

0 Kudos
ninaclaydental
Canine III

We use a program called slack, its like an instant messenger that you can send a message to a group or individual. I love it! Its simple to download and use. 

Slack: Where Work Happens 

tammyrsevert
Canine II

We use slack too. We tried using BlueNote, but Slack is free, and very easy to us. 

karen
Premolar I

Our office uses bluenotes and we are very happy with it. It works great for us!

dmdmatt
Canine II

Thanks.. I'll have to check it out. Are you running Windows? 

karen
Premolar I

Yes we are. Vs. 7

0 Kudos
ninaclaydental
Canine III

Yes, running windows 7. 

0 Kudos