cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nates-dtc
Canine II

Low disk space notfiication?

New server got installed but SoftDent Update Services is still notifying end users that there is low disk space on the server. Is there an easy way to correct this?

Tags (1)
9 Replies
chriscornett
Premolar II

Re: Low disk space notfiication?

nates-dtc‌, If you are connected from workstations to server via UNC then change that setup to a mapped drive connection or vice versa (If you're connected via mapped drive then change to UNC path).
Let me know if this doesn't solve your issue, however, I believe it will.

jaeger8
Canine II

We also have this issue on occasion, we were told it is because SoftDent doesn't recognize our Terabyte hard drives. 

0 Kudos
chriscornett
Premolar II

jaeger8‌, did you try the steps I mentioned above?

0 Kudos
jaeger8
Canine II

I have. Oddly enough, we only get the error on occasion, so we just ignore it. 

0 Kudos
chriscornett
Premolar II

It's not when scanning, by chance?

0 Kudos
jaeger8
Canine II

I will pay attention, it usually is on the computer in the back that I see it, where the scanner is hooked up. 

0 Kudos
chriscornett
Premolar II

Yeah, make sure that it's not just when scanning documents into SoftDent. If so, I have a workaround for that as it is actually caused by the scanner memory and not a SoftDent or computer memory issue.

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Unsure how or why the SUS (which is loaded on all workstations, even ones w/o scanners attached) that errors "low disk space" has to do with scanner memory, or even specifically on the server - which should NEVER have a scanner attached, but in any event ... I've seen that message a time or two and ignore as well.

In fact, I'd like to ignore the SUS altogether, as I don't recall the last time it has work ... correctly ... that is ... 

uniondentalcenter
Canine III

Chris--I'd be interested in that workaround.  This issue drives us nuts and we have approximately 8 scanners which all get this message on occasion.  We have a delete temp batch file on each WS and we also habe chosen WIA scanner but hate that we have to change paper size and dpi on every scan.  Maybe your fix will be a better fit. Thanks

0 Kudos