cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uniondentalcenter
Canine III

Medical History Signatures

We use ipads and E-Forms to update our patient information.  Patient can sign the ipad and the signature is saved in the Documents folder in the E Forms Tab BUT it does not transfer into the signature tab in the medical history record.  We also have Topaz Signature Pads at the front desk and when we see in our Inoffice that a medical history updated we just have to get patients to sign again because we are too busy to flip around to check the documents folder.  Any chance this will be address by R & D at some point.  The redundancy is annoying for such a high volume practice.  Thank you.

6 Replies
chriscornett
Premolar II

Re: Medical History Signatures

juriz‌, I am going to request that one of our R2 support representatives research this from our end. Do you have any input to offer uniondentalcenter‌ at this time?

0 Kudos
karen
Premolar I

Sharon, I'm curious as to how you use eforms and how you have found them to be (or not to be) successful for your practice? We've actually had to turn them off months ago because we can not get them to function properly and it has been frustrating for both our staff and our patients. I would be excited to hear about an office that is using them successfully. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Sorry for the delay chriscornett‌,

We haven't explored signature pad functionality...yet. When I return to the office we can discuss in detail. 

0 Kudos
uniondentalcenter
Canine III

Hi Karen-- We've been pleased with most of the E-forms functionality.  We send them out to all new patients by email.  Then accept them back in after patient completes.  The biggest thing is the medications do NOT import into Softdent and the signatures don't import into the medical history section.  This needs fixing. Otherwise the forms are stored in the documents center under e-forms for review. We use iPads at the front desk and check each patient in that way and have them complete any forms that are outstanding.  E-forms shows you what needs to be completed. Let me know if this helps you in any way.  Sharon

0 Kudos
karen
Premolar I

Sharon, It is encouraging to hear that at least one office if pleased with their functionality and have them working. Like I said, we find them very hard for patient's to use and ours don't work about 45% of the time so we just turned them off. What version of the IPad do you all use if you don't mind me asking? I'm wondering if perhaps our are outdated. 

0 Kudos
uniondentalcenter
Canine III

We have used iPad 2 all way up to the new iPad Air now.  The only problem with the new Air is the ios 11 update has knocked us off the e-forms app.  Waiting for Carestream to get that corrected. What exactly is happening with your e-forms maybe I could help.  I do all the technology at our office. ARe you on the wifi correctly.  Can you connect to the application from the iPad?? Let me know. 

0 Kudos