cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmw327
Canine III

Merge Letters Revisited

I have a client on windows 10 build 1709 Office version 2016. When they click on the merge letter nothing happens.  I tried the regsvr32 trick but this didn't solve it.  Any other ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Merge Letters Revisited

ayman‌ or dmccrory‌ any ideas? 

I don't think this is a MS office version related issue , there are multiple reasons for these symptoms to happen with any MS office version 
bmw327 can you please send me a private message with your contact info preferred time to contact you , log in to affected WS and check for solution 

pksaari79
Premolar III

So, rather recently, when you create a merge letter, the contacts box does not come up.  We have 35 merge letters so I did not test every one of them but it doesn't happen all the time and I can't tell if there is a pattern.  Sometimes it comes up fine and other times, you can tell something has come up but it "flashes" by and doesn't "stick" but luckily it hasn't affected creating the merge letter.  We just have to go in and add the contact once the letter is done.  Any idea as to why this would be happening?  Has Microsoft updated something that messed with this, as had previously happened before?  I am having staff log if the contacts box comes up, which letter, patient and date, to see if some pattern exists, especially on the ones we use the most.  Thanks for any input.  

pksaari79
Premolar III

Ayman and Dusok worked on this issue for me and discovered the contacts only come up the first time a particular merge letter is used.  If that same merge letter gets used again on a patient, even 4 years later, the contact message won't come up.  I guess this is something we never realized. SO.... I would like to ask that this be changed so the contact comes up every time you use a merge letter.  Otherwise you do the merge letter and have to go back to bring it up....that's just another step to do instead of feeding it to you. aymansoftdentgirld.canalestshaw

Community Manager
Community Manager

tyson.edwards‌ adding you to the conversation so you can see the above suggestion.