cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
currin
Canine III

Organizational of EOB'S 101

I recall a discussion on this site of an organizational bent where insurance EOB's were being scanned and saved to a desktop file to help eliminate paperwork (copying and filing of EOB's into charts).  I would really appreciate it if someone could give me the necessary information as to how to implement this....and include any possible helpful hints and pitfalls to avoid with this system. Our office is not paperless however this would go along way in  streamlining our insurance processing.

Thank you for all that you do

Deb

0 Kudos
20 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: Organizational of EOB'S 101

Wendy Potts helped us set this up and it's wonderful.  We scan the EOB's by date into a folder for the month and day, and it stays on Desktop.  It's easy to access - just look for the EOB against the date the insurance check was posted. Also, our IT person made a shared folder for 3 computers so any of us have access to the EOB's and 2 can scan into it. I am tagging Wendy into this conversation for further assistance. softdentgirl

drcavola
Premolar III

I'm confused.  If you're going to go thru the trouble of scanning EOB's, then WHY NOT scan them into the patient documents?

pksaari79
Premolar III

We did that for awhile but then it crowds the system after so many years.  This is SO much easier, at least for us - to scan and to find.  It was very cumbersome and time consuming to do each EOB to each patient, esp when you have multiple entries and memory issues - ahem.  This just scans them within a few minutes and are quick to find. Plus, I understood we need to keep them after a year, so it is much easier to delete.

In the Documents folder (shared) on our desktop, you will find:

Open the 2017 folder up:

Open the month you are in:

EOBs are scanned by date.

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

Sorry, I snipped and copied to each section but it doesn't want to show.  The first one did but I don't know why when I hit add comment my visuals go away.  Any way for me to show them......for other times??

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Interesting ideas and thanks for sharing!

I'd love to do just that, not for EOB's, but rather for the daysheets.  Haven't quite figured out all the details yet for those tasks ...

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

I thought of that too. You could do the same sort of thing. Reach out to Wendy Potts for a way to implement. As I said earlier, she helped us with the EOBs.

drcavola
Premolar III

Thanks Kay, I'll do that!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello 

I would NOT scan Eob's directly into SoftDent (waste of time and space)

I would create a "Shared Folder" on the network and make sure that the folder is being backed up

I would name the Folder EOB's

Sub Folder 2017

Sub Folder (one for each month of the year)

Example (a folder for each day you post insurance payments)  this will be important when looking for an EOB

after the time passes for your state (how long you need to keep these) you simply delete the folder, this will take you 1 second to do so

Scanning Tip

Arrange the days EOB's by carrier, this helps when you are looking for a specific EOB

Hope this Helps

Wendy

pksaari79
Premolar III

I knew you could help!!    

0 Kudos