cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwhite
Premolar I

Payments

Jump to solution

I have found several payments that were entered on the account side but not attached to the patient.  Is there a way to take the existing payment and apply it to the patient.

Thanks,

Betsy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Payments

Jump to solution

unfortunately you cant just edit the payment and assign it to the patient 
you can either delete these transactions and enter them to the patient with same information ( code , amount , date ) but if they were CC transactions that might get tricky as you have to disable the CC processing option first 
or you can calculate the total amount of these transactions then using codes 98 and 96 to transfer the total from account to patient ( or you can use the payment "Y" screen credit transfer option to do that )

0 Kudos
bwhite
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Thank you.  That was the only way I knew to do it but I wanted to make sure that there was no magic button.  We are fortunate that they are checks and not CC.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Betsy

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

happy thanksgiving to you too 

0 Kudos
chriscornett
Premolar II

Jump to solution

bwhite‌, you can even do with with CC payments. You just have to go into the Office Properties and disable CC processing prior to doing it so that it doesn't prompt you to scan a CC. Once completed you just turn the CC processing feature back on and you're all set.

drcavola
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  

If you're asking how to "move" the payment from the account transaction over to the patient transaction screen, then you'd need to follow the advice given. But .... there is a MUCH easier way to remedy the actual ledger (account has zero balance, but patient(s) have balances) .... and that is go into the account payment screen and use the transfer credits option on the left.  Make sure the highlighted bar is on a "credit" and then you click the transfer credit button.  No need to manually calculate - let Softdent compute the transfer amounts and apply the credits.

BTW, you can post from the account screen - you just need to know the patient id specific to the account (not the Softdent id number).