cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbbaumrind
Canine II

Posted treatment incorrectly

If a procedure is posted to a patients chart/transaction accidentally and I want to avoid deleting anything from my transaction ledger, is there a way to correct the balance AND removed the color coded procedure from the charting model? I know that I can add a transaction reversal code to decrease the balance, but how do I remove the blue from the tooth on the charting model so it doesn't look like I did the procedure. 

4 Replies
ks3m
Canine III

Re: Posted treatment incorrectly

If a team member incorrectly posts the wrong information to patient's chart/ledger, I remove the transaction from the patient's ledger.  The correct information can then be added to the ledger and/or chart notes.

sbbaumrind
Canine II

Thanks Sheri. I'm trying to avoid deleting from the ledger for record keeping. Do you know of any other options where we can add to the ledger to reverse not only the charge but also the charting coloring?  Thanks

ks3m
Canine III

Hi Sarabess--I'm sorry that I do not know of any other method of correction.  The only way that I know of removing the charting color change is to remove the corresponding ledger entry.  I'm curious to find out if there are any other solutions!

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

Hi Sarabess!!!

The charting module is "transaction based" so anything you post or deleted does the same behavior in the charting module.  Deleting a transaction will do both "correct" the patient balance, and "correct" the charting error in the patient's chart.

The only "caveat" is to make sure you run a final day sheet that corresponds to the correction date.  Otherwise, your accounts receivables will be off.  In other words, say a staff member posts the error on July 1, but you correct the error yesterday.  Once corrected, re-run the final daysheet yesterday to keep the accounts receivables correct. 

0 Kudos