cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pksaari79
Premolar III

Posting CareCredit

We cannot seem to do a bulk payment, like husband and wife, using CareCredit.  It won't separate the payment per patient; you have to do individual payments.  This is an issue because if you run them separately, one person may not get the advantage of the interest free since that fee may be under $200. What we did was post the full amount to one patient and then applied the credit once the card ran.  Thoughts??
18 Replies
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Re: Posting CareCredit

Good morning pksaari79‌,

CareCredit limits its distribution to the individual provider, so if the same patient has a hygiene service and a filling, for example, the program will not allow a bulk payment.  This is because CareCredit contracts with each provider, not the practice.  Please check to see if the providers are the same on these services.

I have not heard of a similar limitation on different patients on the same account, I will check on this and report back here.  

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

My husband is the only provider.  It's not a problem if one patient checks out with CareCredit, their payment is the combined fees for the services and payment is fine.  We encounter it when, for example, a husband has a cleaning and xrays AND the wife has cleaning, xrays, and exam, the payment screen won't let you post for both services UNLESS you post the amount due, apply it to one patient, then credit the other patient once it runs through.....with other payments, the check, cash, or credit card will allow distribution to all patients in the account, paying the "amount due" if that is the amount you are putting in for payment. 

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

pksaari79

Adding some smart people to this thread.  How are other practices handling this?  Thanks!

softdentgirl

bert

d.canales

bert
Premolar II

Try using the option from the patient transactions screen /Payments select care credit and you can distribute the payment to both family members on the same account or if prompted from the add payment select the small rectangle in the screen that says account payment. If you have already applied the payment before the transactions were posted you will have to transfer credits to the unpaid transactions when they are added.

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

So I see the small rectangle in the screen that says account payment....however, if you are automatically set to default to account payments upon hitting T for transactions, this won't work this way.  Am I correct?  We have it defaulted because one of our front desk persons were not using the Account Payment Screen (Y).  BUT I did notice this on the payment screen and can you request to distribute it evenly??

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

my screen print didn't print but there is an option with CareCredit to distribute evenly....think that would work?

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

I'm not seeing an option as you say ..

We have the same issue.  Softdent states that we are unable to distribute care credit ... 

Our settings are such that I am the only provider to accept collections, and there are no other associates.

The providers, even if the hygienist did a prophy, shouldn't be an issue, but it is an issue.

We also have the account payment screen default setting checked.

pksaari79
Premolar III

Glad I am not the only one then!!