cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Proposed Changes to Search Function

Good morning Community,

We are working on modernizing the account/patient search capability in SoftDent.  I'd love to get your feedback on these proposed changes.  These changes would add a search by DOB, as well as eliminate the radio buttons for sorting (Name, ID, Chart Number, SSN, First Name).  The single search dialog box would find all matches for the information entered. Matches will be highlighted in the results.  More details on the behavior below.  

Question:  is there value in having DOB search at the Account level?  

Thank you!

16 Replies
callton
Premolar II

Re: Proposed Changes to Search Function

This change would be fantastic - I love this feature in the scheduler.   I would love to have the ability to search by age group.  For example, if I could search for 18/under or 18/older to see at a glance who is overdue for recall & not scheduled, it would be more helpful than having to go through the steps of running a report.  

doctom4300
Premolar III

I would like to be able to search by phone number. Often, it's very difficult to understand our voice mail messages, but the automated system clearly tells us the phone number that was used to leave the message. I currently do this by occasionally printing the patient list (including phone numbers, of course) to Excel, and then I can search that Excel file.

Also, in the screen shot shown in the original post, I see the work phone number displayed. I would definitely prefer the cell phone number be displayed.

lauram
Canine II

Please do not take away the first name function or the SS# function.  I use these  all the time.  If I can remember a person's first name but not the last name I can remember who it is by looking at the list by first name. We also use the SS# look up when we have an ID # on an EOB but the name is different for some reason. This allows us to find the patient that we are looking for.

I can see value in the DOB search in the account level if you are trying to find somebody and their name has changed and you know their date of birth.

0 Kudos
mbrown
Canine III

Search by DOB is an excellent idea.  Is it possible to display the preferred contact number, instead of static work, home, or cell number?

callton
Premolar II

You can currently search by phone number in the search field on the top right in the scheduler (I have version 116.1.1).

I agree it would be helpful in the account/patient lists, too.

0 Kudos
lhopkins
Canine II

There are times it would be helpful to search by date of birth, such as multiple patient's with the same or common name.  

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi Melva,

Possibly, we're looking into it.  Thanks for your feedback!

Jeff

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi Laura,

We're not going to take away any functionality.  The single search box will be used to find patients by all the options you have today and hopefully by DOB too.

Thanks for your feedback!

Jeff

rhanes
Canine II

One feature I miss, before Softdent 15, when you went into the schedule through the patient info, whenever you would make an appointment it would automatically bring up that patient's name.  Now it will only do that once if the patient does not have an appointment, then you have to type in to search for the patient each time. This can be frustrating when scheduling a number of appointments for the same patient.  Even worse, when you try to search by name and type in the patients' name, John Johnson (yes we have a patient named John Johnson, and Ed Edwards!).  It can't seem to find him, because of the John in Johnson, so you have to scroll through all the Johnsons.  That is a common name and can take extra time. Or also, when you type in the patients' name it will mix it up with the street names, so instead of finding my patient it will find someone who lives on the street with that patients' name.  It would be nice if you could select how to search for patient, first and last name, birth date, phone number, address, social security number. Instead of having it just searching everything at the same time.  It would also be nice to see that older feature back that would carry the patients' who I've entered the schedule through, so when I'm checking out 'John Smith' who needs 6 appointments I'm not searching for him 5 times more than I used to have to find him.

0 Kudos