cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

Resetting Bluebook values

I recently watched the recorded webinars for correctly setting up insurance companies and plans with allowance tables and bluebook. We have started cleaning up the existing insurance companies and plans. While doing so, I've noticed that apparently this office used to use the bluebook. It hasn't been used or updated since before 2001, so obviously the values are no longer valid at all.

Is there a way to clear out all bluebook values for every insurance plan?

Thanks in advance.

-Brenda

Labels (1)
5 Replies
doctom4300
Premolar III

Re: Resetting Bluebook values

I don't know why I didn't find this before when searching the help file, but I think System->Fee Maintenance->Update Bluebook Fees is what I need to do before we attach any allowance tables to any plans.

kris.kinlen
Premolar II

tshaw‌ - is this the best way to clear out the old fees?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

doctom4300‌ I'll pull a few bits of information out of our help files that may help you and I will post them on The Exchange, and tag you in them.

I'm also tagging d.canales‌ and dmccrory to see if she has any tips to give you.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Brenda,

System > Fee Maintenance > Update Bluebook Fee will reset the fees in all bluebooks to Fee 0 (regular office fees) but I don't believe it deletes out the remainder of the info (like the percentage of coverage, etc.) so what is being applied may still not be correct.  

There is a utility that support can run: "Update Bluebook/Allowance Table".  It normally doesn't take very long to run, but the utility will reset the bluebook fees to the current attached allowance table amounts instead of Fee 0. Note: If you are using updated bluebook fees when posting insurance payments, they will be reset upon running the utility, but the limitations will not be affected.  Let us know if you would like someone from Support to call and run the utility.  Everyone will need to be out of SD for the utility to be run, so we may need to coordinate a time.  

Also, a third option is manually change the allowance table attached to a plan and the system will update the bluebook for the plan. 

Lastly, if you would like some one-on-one help, you might consider purchasing a training session to have a trainer get connect and review some insurance set up with you in your live system.  

Hope this helps, 

Danelle 

kat710
Canine III

FYI - We had support run this for our office and it did not reset all the bluebook fees. 

0 Kudos